Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I was wondering if anyone had taken humira recently?
I’m a bit nervous given the fact we have the pandemic, but I also know it’s an effective medication for me.
Just looking for some reassurance I think!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi there
I’m reaching out for some help also as humira is the next recommendation for me
My CD69 absolute count was 3.96 one of the highest the Lister Clinic have ever seen
I’m doing weekly Intralipids
I’m on 25mg steroids and plaquenil
My next step is Humira
I wanted to know if anyone with levels as high as mine has managed to successfully convince
I’m 35 and have been 3 years trying
Haven’t tried IVF yet but it’s what I want to do next
I’ve never in all 3 years Concieved
I had a laparoscopy for Stage 3 endo earlier this year but I’ve a feeling it’s back
I’ve also tried IVIG with TSI
I’m just looking for success stories with such a high marker

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Humira worked for me!

Laf - are steroids being prescribed again?

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks so much Pany.
It’s worked for me in the passed too. I’m just anxious about taking it this time for some reason. Sure it’ll be fine!

Laf - I have used humira before and it is a very effective treatment if you have endometriosis. Wishing you all the best with your decision.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Was the humira you used alongside IVF or by itself ?
Like nothing has worked for me,
IVIG
Plaquenil
Steroids
Intralipids weekly
But it’s all been with TSI, I’ve given it 3 months
I’m reluctant to try Humira next month as it’s so expensive and I figured I’d hold off and just do it with IVF
I wouldn’t be remotely worried about using it during the pandemic. My Sister is a GP and she is prescribing humira to three of her patients with arthritis and reassured me it was safe, I just don’t know whether to try it with another TSI and take the financial hit or to wait and just go all in with ivf and humira in the new year.
Were both of your successes with Humira through IVF

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Laf,

I actually got pregnant with humira alone. I was due to begin ivf and conceived before we began. Sadly I miscarried first time but when I took the drug again I conceived again. So it probably seems mad that I’m doubting it now. It’s just such a strong drug and I think I’m quite anxious in general at the moment. Sure I’ll calm down soon, and it’s great to hear your sister has reassured you about it.
Could be worth a try maybe if your clinic is suggesting it.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sorry Laf, just to add I’d suggest humira is best taken before you begin ivf, in fact I think my clinic only prescribe it before ivf and not during An ivf cycle. Your clinic might be different though.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Humira helped me get pregnant naturally and IVF
The second dose needs to be taken at least 6 weeks before transfer if doing IVF

Laf - is your clinic prescribed steroids ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I don’t start IVF until Jan so I’m unsure whether to go ahead and administer Humira now to try it for Nov / Dec or if it will be a waste of money, my sister is happy to prescribe it, I’m just reluctant to spend out another few thousand on something to not work without the IVF assistance
Yes my clinic is back prescribing steroids. I’m in Ireland.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Which Ivf clinic are you with? Maybe see what they recommend? They may want you to start humira now anyway.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
My experience;
You can only start IVF once the Humira has worked. Sometimes you need 2X 2 injections and then wait 2 weeks to test in between and that adds up to a couple of months.
It stays in your body for a few weeks after, so you should probably start in November with Humira if you are going ahead with it.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yes a friend of mine had to wait nine months to begin ivf as she needed lots of immune treatment first.

I have my humira in the fridge staring at me. I just feel so anxious about taking it. Crazy really as I’ve taken it before but looking back at the humira thread I do think lots of ladies feel like this.
Just need to build up the courage now!

Happy Sunday everyone

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I think once you have a child you become more careful about your health. I don’t know if I can justify putting myself at risk during a pandemic to give my child a sibling. That’s my dilemma

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Pookiepoo that’s it exactly.
The ridiculous thing is I pushed to have this drug as it’s worked so well in the past for me.
All I see now is the negatives. My little one means everything to me.
It’s so hard x

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Your only 36. You have time. Are you trying naturally?

I have frozen embryos, but still feel like I’m running out of time. There’s only so old I can be when pregnant.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I’m 41 now, I’ve not updated my sign off thing for ages. I conceived naturally while on humira twice. I’ve never been pregnant before taking humira either with ivf or without. Humira is what seems to help. Just scared to take it for various reasons.

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
I also conceived naturally with Humira. We were planning FET after I had my daughter and boom, pregnant after two shots of Humira. MC unfortunately.

We did Humira again and went through with FET. BFN.

Now I don’t know if we should just try once without any immune and see what happens....my first IVF pregnancy was without immune. I had to terminate because of a virus complication, but I had not miscarried !!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Can I please ask has anyone ever been prescribed Humira and hydoxycloroquine at the same time ? Did you end up taking the humira ? I similarly have it in the fridge and wondering if I should take it. It expires this month

·
Registered
560 Posts
Hi, i took both at same time in my successful cycle with my son, i started the hydroxy 2 months before transfer  and tha was the month before

1 - 20 of 20 Posts