I was wondering if anyone had taken humira recently?
I’m a bit nervous given the fact we have the pandemic, but I also know it’s an effective medication for me.
Just looking for some reassurance I think!
I’m reaching out for some help also as humira is the next recommendation for me
My CD69 absolute count was 3.96 one of the highest the Lister Clinic have ever seen
I’m doing weekly Intralipids
I’m on 25mg steroids and plaquenil
My next step is Humira
I wanted to know if anyone with levels as high as mine has managed to successfully convince
I’m 35 and have been 3 years trying
Haven’t tried IVF yet but it’s what I want to do next
I’ve never in all 3 years Concieved
I had a laparoscopy for Stage 3 endo earlier this year but I’ve a feeling it’s back
I’ve also tried IVIG with TSI
I’m just looking for success stories with such a high marker
Was the humira you used alongside IVF or by itself ?
Like nothing has worked for me,
But it’s all been with TSI, I’ve given it 3 months
I’m reluctant to try Humira next month as it’s so expensive and I figured I’d hold off and just do it with IVF
I wouldn’t be remotely worried about using it during the pandemic. My Sister is a GP and she is prescribing humira to three of her patients with arthritis and reassured me it was safe, I just don’t know whether to try it with another TSI and take the financial hit or to wait and just go all in with ivf and humira in the new year.
Were both of your successes with Humira through IVF
I actually got pregnant with humira alone. I was due to begin ivf and conceived before we began. Sadly I miscarried first time but when I took the drug again I conceived again. So it probably seems mad that I’m doubting it now. It’s just such a strong drug and I think I’m quite anxious in general at the moment. Sure I’ll calm down soon, and it’s great to hear your sister has reassured you about it.
Could be worth a try maybe if your clinic is suggesting it.
I don’t start IVF until Jan so I’m unsure whether to go ahead and administer Humira now to try it for Nov / Dec or if it will be a waste of money, my sister is happy to prescribe it, I’m just reluctant to spend out another few thousand on something to not work without the IVF assistance
Yes my clinic is back prescribing steroids. I’m in Ireland.
You can only start IVF once the Humira has worked. Sometimes you need 2X 2 injections and then wait 2 weeks to test in between and that adds up to a couple of months.
It stays in your body for a few weeks after, so you should probably start in November with Humira if you are going ahead with it.
Yes a friend of mine had to wait nine months to begin ivf as she needed lots of immune treatment first.
I have my humira in the fridge staring at me. I just feel so anxious about taking it. Crazy really as I’ve taken it before but looking back at the humira thread I do think lots of ladies feel like this.
Just need to build up the courage now!
Pookiepoo that’s it exactly.
The ridiculous thing is I pushed to have this drug as it’s worked so well in the past for me.
All I see now is the negatives. My little one means everything to me.
It’s so hard x
I’m 41 now, I’ve not updated my sign off thing for ages. I conceived naturally while on humira twice. I’ve never been pregnant before taking humira either with ivf or without. Humira is what seems to help. Just scared to take it for various reasons.
I also conceived naturally with Humira. We were planning FET after I had my daughter and boom, pregnant after two shots of Humira. MC unfortunately.
We did Humira again and went through with FET. BFN.
Now I don’t know if we should just try once without any immune and see what happens....my first IVF pregnancy was without immune. I had to terminate because of a virus complication, but I had not miscarried !!!
Can I please ask has anyone ever been prescribed Humira and hydoxycloroquine at the same time ? Did you end up taking the humira ? I similarly have it in the fridge and wondering if I should take it. It expires this month