Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I had a Hycosy performed on 25th November and the nurse said that there was an egg present and I was ready to ovulate. I was advised to have protected sex for the rest of the cycle but my partner and I had an accident! I am now 6 days late, would having this procedure carried out affect my cycle as I am usually very regular! Also, if I had conceived this cycle would there be any implications from having had the procedure done?

Many thanks for you help.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
well thats interesting, because when i had mine done the dr said well you're ready to ovulate so go home and have sex today and tomorrow and the next day!  didnt work (obviously) but he did make a point of telling me to go home and 'try'.....interested to see nurses response..

have you done a pg test?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi there,

Tx for your response! No, I haven't done a test yet, i've had so many disappointing results in the past that I daren't! Have decided if I still haven't come on by Friday (day 40) i'll do one then. The consultant said that the liquid used to flush the tubes hasn't been tested on pregnant ladies and so there's no evidence as to whether the substance is harmful or not.

Will let you know how I get on,
Bec x

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
Have had patients get pregnant after hycosy without problem. Also bear in mind, hycosy has been known to delay af, so things could go either way.
Good luck!

Ruth

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your response. Did a pg test this morning as couldn't resist.....it was a bfn!!  :(

I was pretty much convinced that I was pg, worked out the due date and everything!!
Oh well, hopefully 2005 will be our year! :)

Bec x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts