Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey :)

Was hypothyroid before I got my magic BFP and have had my thyroxine tablets raised by 50% already.  Midwife mentioned that usually babies of hypothyroid mums have to have some basic checks once they are born.
Just wondering if anyone else was hypo before they got preggers, and what advice/ info they have been given

Thanks!
GL x

·
Registered
986 Posts
Hiya,

I worried myself sick about all this  :-[  and so wish I hadn't!  My main piece of advice is to stay away from Dr Google  ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^ ^bigbad^  As long as they give you regular blood tests all will be fine.  Even the scary syndrome that babies can sometimes get is totally treatable.  My LO did need some extra blood tests when she was a couple of weeks old, a bit traumatic at the time but just a check to make sure her thyroid levels were fine.  My thyroxine dose was x3 by the end of the pregnancy and has stayed at that level since.

Please try not to worry too much  ^hugme^ best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy.
Upsy
xxx

·
Premium Member
20,424 Posts
In my last pg's my thyroxine has been upped by 50mg as a matter of course then retested 4 weeks later. With ds1 my levels were stable beforehand so I didn't have any more tests until 4 weeks after the birth when my dose was returned to normal, but with dd I had another test at 20/28 weeks (can't remember exactly) as my level wasn't very stable beforehand.

This time they've only increased by dose by 25mg as I was already taking 150mg but again, I was tested after 4 weeks of increasing the dose and that was it. My mum also has an underactive thyroid and had two of my sisters with it without any problems at all.

None of my LO's have had any extra tests and it's not caused them/me any problems so try not to worry (easier said than done I know!).

Chux xx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.