Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Dear Peter
Firstly, your move to Canada sounds just great - one of our favourite countries!!!! Good Luck. Down to business!!
We have had a 6 month break from tx (6 IVF and 2 FET's all negative but all produced Grade 1 embryos) had bi-lateral hydrosalpinx in June 2002, two of the above mentioned cycles were after this procedure.
We are now considering our final attempt and have been to a new clinic in London and a hysteroscopy has been recommended to check out the "environment" and then ICSI not IVF. Why now ICSI?
I would be VERY grateful for your thoughts/comments.
If there is an "environment" problem - perhaps there could still be toxic fluid in the uterus left by my tubes before they were removed??? What can they do?
I shall look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards Bev H

·
Registered
856 Posts
Bev H said:
Dear Peter
Firstly, your move to Canada sounds just great - one of our favourite countries!!!!

Drop in and see me some time!!

Good Luck. Down to business!!
We have had a 6 month break from tx (6 IVF and 2 FET's all negative but all produced Grade 1 embryos) had bi-lateral hydrosalpinx in June 2002, two of the above mentioned cycles were after this procedure.
We are now considering our final attempt and have been to a new clinic in London and a hysteroscopy has been recommended to check out the "environment"

Probably not a bad idea bearing in mind your history

and then ICSI not IVF. Why now ICSI?

I don't agree with this at all. Many clinics are far too keen on ICSI. You have produced perfectly good embryos in the past and unless the clinic can give you a very good reason then I would stick with IVF.

I would be VERY grateful for your thoughts/comments.
If there is an "environment" problem - perhaps there could still be toxic fluid in the uterus left by my tubes before they were removed???

No but an hysteroscopy could give useful information on the lining of your urterus.

What can they do?

There is no specific treatment to offer but the information will be useful in the overall planning of your infertility treatment.

Regards,

Peter

I shall look forward to hearing from you.
Kind regards Bev H

1 - 3 of 3 Posts