Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I have recently joined this forum and had a Hycosy scan a few weeks ago to look at my uterus and tubes. The test showed that my tubes appear to be fine but I was very distressed to learn that there was a possible polyp in my uterus and also some adhesions. Has anybody else had this? The next step is for me to have a hysteroscopy where a small camera is put ito the womb. I am extremely nervous about this procedure and was wondering if anybody else has had this done.Also is it done with sedation or general anaesthetic? I have never had any surgery before and am worried about having to have a GA.

Susan

·
Registered
41 Posts
Susan

Hi, do you mean a hysteroscopy or a lap and dye test or are these the same thing.  If its the lap and dye its no big deal make a small cut below our belly button and put a camera in to view your tubes etc.  I think they can also treat things from here as well.

I've had one done just over 2 years ago and am awaiting another one shortly.  When I came round I had pad period like pains and felt very faint.  They kept me in overnight and put me on a drip to raise my blood pressure - no big deal really so you will be fine.  When is this scheduled for?

Good luck

Nicky

·
Premium Member
5,388 Posts
Hi Susan,

I have had a lap and dye (where they make 2 small incisions in your tummy and insert a) dye and b) camera to have a look and see whats going on with your tubes etc, they can treat some things while there at the same time, it can be slightly uncomfortable afterwards, mainly due to the gas they fill your tummy with, but thats about all. a Hysteroscopy is where they insert a camera through your cervix to have a look at your uterus and is slightly less invasive as no stitches are required! hope that clears it up a bit for you??

Good luck and best wishes
xxxxxxxxxxx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts