Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
Can anyone tell me if they've had a private or NHS hysteroscopy or sonic hysterogram? I'm interested in how much it costs & where it can be done?

Thanks for any help
Nicola

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you for your replies!
I was told 5 years ago by a very unfriendly ob/gyn that unless I had a lap. he wouldn't give me any treatment. (I blame him now for my not pursuing treatment option sooner). As I had no symptoms of pain or irregular cycles I thought it was too invasive. I persuaded them to give me an HSG & everything was okay. I have now found out, by visiting more competent Drs, that I have a poor lining & a hysteroscopy would help to see any problems. Apparently, this or a sonic hysterogram is better than an HSG (I think they can tell if the surface has any bumps etc. that shouldn't be there?) I also have a ureplasma infection that needs to be sorted out. This time I visited a private Dr. not the NHS one I visited 5 years ago who told me I had no infection just by talking to me! If there's one thing I've learnt in 6 yrs of IF, it's get 2 or 3 opinions and, I hate to say it, private is better than NHS for unexplained probs.

Thanks for the info. - I esp. like the £800 option!
One more question - does it hurt?!

Thanks again
Nicola
x

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.