Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
I had a hysteroscopy to remove a polyp on 15 Dec. Wondering if anyone has also had this done and can share their experience? I'm interested to know what impact, if any, the procedure had on your menstrual cycle?

I had the procedure during the middle of my cycle and had about 10 days of bleeding afterwards which I understand is normal, however the bleeding has now stopped and I'm a couple of days late for my normal period. I did ask the nurse and consultant on the day, and I thought they both said that there shouldn't be any difference to my next period.

I hoped to start my IVF at end of Jan, but now wondering if dates may change. If this cycle is late starting, will my next cycle be 28 days after this one? Or will it be shorter given it's late?

The nurse who will be doing my bloods and scans has annual leave in early Feb. It wouldn't have mattered if my Jan cycle started when I'd expected it, but now it feels like this might throw everything off :-[. I could still go ahead but I'd have to travel further to different hospital for bloods and scans.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi
I havent had my hysteroscopy yet but I am also interested to hear people's views so thanks for posting :) I am due my egg collection and hysteroscopy next Friday in Valencia and no one has said anything about what will happen post procedure so I'm glad you have mentioned about the bleeding so at least I can prepare!

I am certainly no expert but for my second round of IVF (The one I am on now) I have had a shorter protocol ahead of egg collection so it will be two weeks from the end of period when we go to egg collection so even if you are running a little late, there may still be a way in which they can start your process off by the end of the month so try not to worry. Maybe speak to the clinic and see what they suggest?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
My clinic was closed over New Year, so I hadn't contacted them last week when I posted, but emailed my nurse yesterday. She's forwarded my email to my consultant to check about the bleeding and whether he advises waiting another cycle before starting treatment. She said everyone is different and hasn't mentioned what I can expect for next month. I need to have a smear test and wondering when to book as I'm not sure if I'll start bleeding outside my normal cycle dates :unsure:.

I had a short protocol with my first round of IVF and due to have the same this time. I'll go for a scan to check lining on first or second day of cycle and start meds on second or third day, and medication should last 10-12 days before egg collection. I had mild OHSS last time, so will need extra monitoring, and I think they've said scans/bloods as often as every other day, and it's these I'd rather do with my normal nurse at the closer clinic, but if she's on holiday, it would mean travelling further to another clinic :confused:

I guess I'll wait to see what my consultant says and take it from there. Still haven't had a normal period, I guess after all the bleeding post-hysteroscopy, there is nothing left to come out, but did have some very light spotting over the last couple of days.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts