Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
I've just started treatment at a new clinic having had 3 failed cyles despite great embryos.  They wanted me to do a hysteroscopy before starting treatment, but I wanted to start immediately because my FSH level was relatively low and because I am able to have time off work at this point.

Has anyone had a hysteroscopy and found that they had problems with implantation?  And have many people had hysteroscopies and found that everything was OK?  I'm just wondering how likely it is that my embryos aren't implanting because of a uterus problem that isn't showing up on scans - or just because those particular embryos weren't right to implant.

Can anyone help please?
Thanks.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Hi,

I had 3 failed cycles before they did a hysterosocpy and they found i have a bicorniate uterus. Next cycle they modified embryo transfere and i got pregnant.

My uterus hadn't showed up before and i'd had aqua scans.

hope this helps.

Fiona

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Hi

I had a hysteroscopy on monday because my doc thought I may also have a bicorniate uterus and he was right. The procedure was fine though, i am actually in the middle of my first icsi and so it was a little unexpected to have it as we also have mf problems but it is better for it to be done as like Fiona said it is important for when the embryo transfer takes place.

Fiona, I was really concerned when I found out about the bicorniate uterus but I see that you have been through a pregnancy and gave birth to a son. Did you have any major problems during the pregnancy? I'd really appreciate any feedback you have on this as I was really stressed on monday after finding out. Thanks!

Good luck to both of you!

Alli x

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Ally and Fiona
Thanks for replying.

Ally - it sounds like you had a hysteroscopy whilst you were stimming  - is this right?  Is it possible to do so without affecting the stimming process?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
797 Posts
Alli,

I had a fairly stressful pregnancy and bled at 5,11,25 and 28 weeks. My son was born at 28 weeks, but is a fit and healthy 3 year old.

It depends on the extent of the septum. How big is yours and have you heard of Metroplasty. Which clinic are you unde. It may be worth us having a chat as i have lots of info etc.

Fiona

·
Registered
3,215 Posts
Hi there

Fiona, thanks for that, I would love to have a chat with you cos I'm a little concerned. I guess at the moment I mainly need to aim on 'getting' pregnant or at least getting embryos cos my DH also has severe male factor problems. I am with ARGC. They only noticed on day 10 of downregging so had the hysterectomy and started stimms that same day. Pretty stressful! My sis is a doc though and she got some info for me and said the risks would essentially be the same as having twins but if you have any more info that would be fantastic. If you can PM me your email address or your phone number I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!!!!  :)

jtlondon - yes had the op and started stimming that same day cos they only realised when I had a scan on friday! They told me it doesn't affect the process but I hadn't really started stimms yet just had been d/regging.

Pet - they are I think available on the NHS, you should ask your GP about this. Unfortunately timing was not great with me so had it done at ARGC at a whopping cost of £1,100!!!!!! I think the wait time on NHS is about 9 months in my area.

Alli x

·
Registered
61 Posts
Hi Pet
I've had a hysteroscopy on the NHS at Hammersmith Hospital. I've also had one done via my private healthcard at the Wellington Hospital - if I'd have had to pay for it, I think it would have been £2200 there or just over £1000 at the ARGC. The two hysteroscopys were very different. At H'Smith I lay on a bed thing, and the procedure is a bit like an extended smear test - while it's going on, an XRay type machine is put above your tummy. No medication, over in about 5 to 10 mins.
At the Wellington it was quite different - I was given a general anaesthetic and the procedure lasted about 20 minutes. Not sure what they actually did as I was out cold. Everything was fine so started d/r a couple of days later.
Lynn

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.