Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

After 3 years of ttc and frequently reading these message boards for advice and support, I have finally decided to join in!

We are about to start our second IVF cycle in January (first failed but at least produced 2 extra embryos to freeze - had the only surviving one replaced in November but it failed too).  I am 34 and my fiance is 36.  Our infertility is in the dreaded unexplained category, however when we had the first IVF only one of my ovaries produced any eggs so there's definately something wrong there!  I also have mild Endometriosis which was removed last december but I think it might have returned. 

I am feeling a bit numb at the moment with everything.  Definately struggling with all of the knock on effects that ttc for so long has on you emotionally.  The best example being that my fiance and I would like to get married at some point but we can't really make any plans (or afford it) while we are ttc.  People are always asking 'how are the wedding plans coming along?'.  We just lie and say 'oh, you know, slowly. Trying to decide on a venue blah blah blah!'. 

Anyway, tomorrow is another day so onwards and upwards I say!

Good luck to you all and here is to success in 2011 for everyone who is trying!

Take care xxx

·
Premium Member
12,192 Posts
to FF, Florence!! This is a great website for support, information, laughter and friendship, it has kept me (relatively!) sane though all my treatment!

I can totally sympathise with you on the emotional strain of treatment. I remember I took a 3 month break between a couple of my IUI's because I just couldn't cope with another treatment, I just couldn't go through another BFN. We forgot all about ttc and spent some time just being a couple and trying to have fun rather than our entire life revolving around treatment. When we were in a better mental state (makes us sound like a couple of fruitcakes!) we re-started treatment, I then went on to have another unsuccessful IUI and a successful IVF.

Here are some links which you should find useful,

IVF General chat - CLICK HERE

Unexplained - CLICK HERE

Endo - CLICK HERE

When you are undergoing treatment you could join the Cycle Buddies - CLICK HERE where you can chat to others undergoing treatment at exactly the same time as you.

What Every New Member Needs To Know (includes a list of common abbreviations) ~ CLICK HERE This will help you navigate the site.

We also have a newbie night in the chat room every Wednesday where you can meet other new members and a few more experienced (I won't use the term "old"!) members will be there to answer any questions you have about the site. CLICK HERE FOR INFO ON NEWBIE CHAT

If you look at the main forum index you can find location boards, you can find others in your area, or even ones using the same clinic.

Please feel free to ask more questions here, or on any other part of the site, there will be wonderful helpful people there to give you lots of support, information and cyber hugs if you need it. We go through all the highs and lows of treatment together.

Good luck for your treatment in January, I hope the pee stick gives you some wonderful news! ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Sue ^hugme^

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hi Florenceb

Best of luck with your tx.  ^reiki^

I too have endo which was diagnosed in 2008. Had op in 2009 but has come back. I've had one natural pregnancy but m/c at 11 weeks.

I'm starting first IVF cycle in January.

I totally understand the emotional drain; we've been married for almost a year and it's probably been the most difficult year ever. On top of everything, I've become obsessed and desperate due to my age which has put more pressure on us as a couple. I definitely lose my mind now and again!!  ^idiot^  We actually brought our wedding forward a year after m/c and organised it in 5 weeks as wanted something positive to look forward to!  We have to pay for IVF so it also puts financial pressure on you both too.

So yes it is difficult but lets hope that 2011 is our year and all our wishes come true  :)  ^hugme^

x x

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi Sue,

Thanks for all the pointers on good forums to check out.  I will definately be looking at the ' what every new member needs to know' page so I can get to grips with the abbreviations!!

A wee break between treatments sounds like a good plan.  We have been trying to do one after another in quick succession but after the next one, I think we'll be due a rest. 

Have a lovely Christmas xx

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Canonlygetbetter,

It's so nice to get such friendly replies from people so quickly - making me think I should have done this sooner!

I'm sorry to hear that your first year of marriage has been such a hard one.  I totally understand the financial pressures as we have to pay too and it all adds up so fast!  We're hoping to have our wedding in my parents back garden to save on dosh and do most of the catering, music, decor etc ourselves.  We were never all that keen on having a big fancy wedding anyway!

Good luck with the treatment in January, let me know when you get started and I will do the same.

I hope you manage to have a nice Christmas despite all of the things that make it so difficult. 

Take care and good luck  ^hugme^ xxx

·
Registered
148 Posts
Hi Florenceb  (and Hi to everyone else!)

Definitely keep me updated on your treatment.

Try not to stress about the wedding - the smaller ones are more personal and it's the people that attend that make it.  I reckon 2011 is going to be a good year for us  :)

I totally understand how it all takes over your life; I'm very up and down at the moment too. Very difficult at Xmas when you have friends with new babies etc. but also I think because the stress of it all makes you almost want to go out and have a few drinks and just do something different and try and forget about it for a while!!

Have a lovely, relaxed Xmas and I'll update you on my dates. AF due Boxing Day! x

1 - 6 of 6 Posts