Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok i know there is little point to charting during DR but it also gives me an indication of when AF will show. Low temps and AF shows up usually.

I have no idea when i ovulated but I am on Cd29 and my temps are going up, normally they go down at the end of the month.I can have a 32 day cycle but have never had a chart where temps rise on the final few days?

This could mean one of 2 things

1) i may be pregnant we were not careful - but after 2 years i doubt this is the case?
2) the drugs naferlin ( i have been sniffing since Cd21) may be making my body temp warmer although i thought the idea of the drugs were to help thin your lining and bring on AF? If my body temps are getting warmer what is going on?

I am not a tester as they have always been negative, i just hate to test but take these drugs with the possiblility of being pregnant is now scaring me  :-[ i am such an idiot but thought if i had in my head i wasnt trying then i may just get pregnant as there is nothing wrong with either of us. We now have unexplained infertility  :-\

I think i will wait a couple more days just to see what my temps do

Has anyone got any advice? Going to the clinic this early would not be a game plan although if i had a positive result i would of course inform them

Fanks

CC x

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

Charting your temps when you're on drugs is going to effect things so personally I see no point in doing this.  The drugs you're taking are putting your body into a temporary menopause so the temps you're getting are more likely to erratic....and yes, if they're getting warmer then this is most likely a side effect of the drugs as they can cause menopausal like symmptoms.

Also, when downregging, your period can be delayed....it doesn't "bring on" AF....it's shuts your ovaries down so there's no activity...you then have a bleed (or should do) and then at baseline all should be quiet.

Obviously it's entirely up to you but I just don't see any point in charting your temps when you're downregging.....you're shutting your body down so it's completely different to when you chart on a natural cycle.

I'd put the thermometer away and enjoy not having to chart ! ......but if you think you may be pregnant then I'd do a test sooner rather than later.

Good luck
Natasha

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Minxy

I know there was no need to temp but it gives me an indication of when AF arrives and it is standard practice for me ( control freak i am  ^idiot^). I am still going to temp in fear of temps rising and possibly being pregnant but if i get to round 3 of IVF, fear not i shall not do this again  ^hugme^

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
As I say, it's entirely up to you but checking your temperatures when you're taking downregging drugs won't give you an idea of when AF is about to arrive because your temps will be effected by the drugs.

In a natural cycle, the reason your temps drop before (or just after) AF arrives is because your progesterone levels drop......when you're downregging, your hormone levels are going to be completely effected by the drugs, as shown by your temps rising instead of dropping.  2 of the side effects of nafarelin are night sweats and hot flushes ie body temp rise.

If you want to continue temps that's your perogative but not really sure what it'll show you......just as temping in 2ww with treatment won't help much because you're taking progesterone support which will effect your temps and may keep them artificially high.

Fingers crossed you won't have to another IVF !!

Good luck
Natasha

1 - 4 of 4 Posts