Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It started as brown discharge and now into my AF, my final test is due in 2 days yet. so is this normal can i still have a chance even i did a HPT today it still negative?? please anyone there to give me any hope.
hanadiz :'(

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Hi, just wanted to say don't despair, ^hugme^  quite a few people on here have tested even on test day and got a negative, you still have 2 more days to go.  Keep taking your progesterone and if it gets worse then ring your clinic as they might advise increasing the dosage.  Are you having  a blood test on using a HPT on test day?  Good luck  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

I replied to your similar question from yesterday....

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=139109.msg2112447#msg2112447

Unfortunately some women do get bleeding before test day and it is BFN (like I've had several times) but then there are just as many women who get some spotting/bleeding and get BFP.

You're testing earlier than your clinic have advised & as already mentioned in previous posts to you, even one day can make all the difference.

Good luck
Natasha

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thank you for the support.
I did HCG blood test and its negative :'(. i will start the treatment again as adviced by my doc. he said everything is fine and my ovaries and uterus are back to normal size. also, cos i still have the hormones in my body we can build on it and start for another ICSI in few days. any one done that before? what do u think? as i dont want to wait any longer.... hoping for BFP again as i had it in my 2nd try but my embroys stopped growing in the 2nd month :'(
hanadiz

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi

Sorry to hear of your BFN ^hugme^

I'm incredibly surprised that your consultant is suggesting you start another ICSI in a couple of days !!!!!  Most clinics advise leaving at least 3 months between treatments to allow your body time to rest and recover from all those hormones.

Personally I don't think it's a good idea to start again immediately after a BFN......I can't see how it can be in anyway helpful and I'd actually think it could be more harmful to your body as you need to allow it to settle down.

Obviously I'm no medical expert but I have never heard of any consultant allowing someone to start a whole fresh ICSI cycle within days of a BFN......I have heard of Frozen cycle (FETs) being done straight after one another but not a fresh cycle.

I would honestly sit down and have a serious chat with your consultant.  Have you had any further investigations into why you're not conceiving and having unsuccessful treatment cycles as well as having had the miscarriage.  Rather than going straight into another fresh cycle, wouldn't it be better to have some more tests and investigations to find out what's happening ?

I understand you don't want to wait around (I'm 39 and just had 6 unsuccessful IVF/FET so not exactly got time on my side) but I'd also want to know exactly what's happening and do everything I could to make it work....not just bombard my body month in, month out with loads of hormones and treatment cycles.

Please do consider speaking with your consultant about tests/investigations and allow your body time to recover for a few months.

Take care
Natasha

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I do understand the issues concerning following up treatment after BFN. I spoke to my Doc and he said he did it before and it worked. his point is i will not need a high dosage of hormones as they are still in my body. I asked if i do need more further investigation why it didnt work but the answer was everything was great had grade 1 or A eggs very well divided, my womb thickness was 10/11. especially that i got pregnant before but the embies stopped growing. the reason was blood clots which stopped bllod flow to the embies, which can be solved with aspirin. I asked around as well and yes, i can do another cycles following BFN but not more than 2 in a row. I had high hopes for the one which ended in BFN, but i guess cos i had a rough ride home after the egg transfer may resulted in BFN. Alot of ppl think it doesnt matter but if u thought of it, u r putting something so small in a relatively good size area floating around and u went into a pumby ride u either loose it or missplace it. so this time i will sleep till they close the clinic, i dont care i am paying my money and that what i will do.....
i know this time it will work ^pray^
hanadiz

·
Premium Member
12,126 Posts
Hun, a rough ride wouldn't affect your embies - it was described to me that it is like putting them inside a jam sandwich!  They are not rattling around in an empty cavernous hollow, which is how i imagined it to start with!!

In fact, the cycle I got pg on, dh and I went for a walk through london for lunch immediately afterwards.

fingers crossed for your next tx, but please do consider giving your body - and mind - enough time to recover.  it is very stressful, so you look after yourself. ;)

Big hugs

·
Premium Member
17,093 Posts
Hi again

I have to agree with Sally I'm afraid...there's absolutely no way a bumpy ride will have dislodged your embies.  The embies are sticky and your womb isn't a big hollow...it's like a deflated balloon and I was told it's like a jam sandwich so your embies, which are microscopic in size, would not float around...they'd be all sticky and very well secured and safe.

I understand that your consultant has said your embies are top quality and your womb lining is nice and thick but when I suggested having further investigations, I meant actually having blood tests to see if there's a problem with immune disorders such as natural killer cells, blood clotting disorders such as antiphospholipid syndome (amongst others) as well as checking directly inside your womb for abnormalities such as an abnormal shaped womb, polyps and fibroids...all of which can cause miscarriage and problems with implantation.

I've conceived 5 times....3 naturally and 2 through treatment.  Once was 18 years ago and I had a termination for reasons I won't go into on here.  The other 4 times were early miscarriages/chemical pregnancies.

When we've had treatment, we too have always had top quality embryos (1st IVF: 2 x grade 1 embies, 2nd IVF: 2 x grade 1 embies, 3rd IVF: 1 x grade 1 & 1 x grade 2 embies, both with assisted hatching, 4th IVF: 2 x 5 day blastocysts graded 2AA & 2BB......all BFN.....and our 2 FETs were 2 x grade 1 embies and 1 x grade 1 embie....both chemical pregnancies).  There is more to having great embies and a good womb lining and what may be causing your problems.

I have a septate/bicornuate uterus as well as diagnosed immune and blood clotting disorders...plus I've had polyps removed from inside womb, adhesions removed from inside my womb, a fibroid removed from outer side of womb...and I have endometriosis.

Whilst being prescribed 75mg aspirin may help with some blood clotting disorders as it's an anticoagulent and prevents the blood from clotting too quickly/too easily, I'm also prescribed clexane and prednisolone.

I would urge you to have more investigations to establish whether you actually have blood clotting and/or immune issues and so be prescribed the correct medications to help with these, if needed, as well as having a hysteroscopy and maybe a laparoscopy to check inside your pelvic cavity and directly inside your womb to see if there's anything that may be causing you to have BFN and miscarriage.

Whilst I do appreciate you wanting to start another cycle immediately, I know that majority of consultants advise against this....you had another IVF cycle very soon following a miscarriage and you're now considering having yet another IVF within days of a BFN through treatment....you need to allow your body time to rest and recover as I may not be medically qualified but I personally can't see how this can be helping you at all, physically or emotionally.

Take care
Natasha

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
sorry to see your bfn :( ^hugme^

bumpy rides wont make a difference lovey.its a matter of luck if those embies take or not.i live near portsmouth and our clinic is in london.we had to travel by tube train and coach and it doesnt make any difference.i even know someone who went to a theme park on rides and still got pg.as soon as they go in they dont fall out in anyway and they implant when they are ready at the right stage.its up to the embies to decide what they do in there.

hayley

1 - 10 of 10 Posts