Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

I am new at this

921 views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  olwen 
#1 ·
Hi

I am new here.  My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for 13 months.  I am going in for some blood tests this week, and I guess that it will tell my dr if I have eggs or not. ???

I am very down about the entire thing.  I have not let my self worry about it all year, and now that the 1 year mark has passed I think..."well that is it.  we are never going to have a child" 

I guess that it is too early for me to be thinking this way and I know that there is a lot of tests and treatments that we have to go through before I should give up, but it just seems so unfair right now.

thanks

#2 ·
hi
i now how you feel i had been ttc for five years due to having pcos but luck came to me last year i never thorght it would happen but it did so good luck to you and never give up hope
                      love baby wisper

#3 ·
Hi i completly understand how you feel, we were trying for 2 years before any tests where done and then another 2 years of test and following a lap & dye investigation i concieved and gave birth to a beautiful boy who has just had his 4th birthday. We have been trying ever since to conceive again and gone through all the tests again. In 2 weeks time i start my first set of injections to begin our journey into IVF.

Good luck  :)

#4 ·
fiddy
What did they find from your lap and dye? and did you conceive naturally with your son?
Mandy

#5 ·
^hello^ and welcome!  :)

You have come to the right place for help and advice. I've only been here for a few weeks and have learnt so much.

Try and not worry too much, there are a lot of options to you and it may be something simple that you will need to help things along.  We've been TTC for a few years and recent blood tests show I have slow ovulation so have just been prescribed Clomid to help.   

Good luck for your appt. Take care x

#6 ·
Hi christinemcn,

I just wanted to say hello and to let you know that those feelings that you will never have a child are completely normal.  I know people say its too early to be thinking that, but our feelings dont follow logic!!! 

However, you must try to stay positive - I know it feels like you have been ttc forever already, but this is just the beginning of the journey for you.  Wait and see what the tests show - you may get referred for further tests or they may say that there is nothing wrong and to keep trying. 

In the meantime, maybe you could try to prepare yourself for what is to come - I mean either for a natural conception and pregnancy, or for the tests and treatments to come.  Eat well, try to get fit, maybe try some acupuncture or reflexology, treat yourself to a haircut, etc, etc.  Try to look after yourself and concentrate on pampering yourself to help get through this stressful time.

Whatever the tests show, dont panic.  I personally found it a huge relief when our initial tests showed there was a problem - I mean we were devastated of course, but it also made us feel better in that we knew there was a problem and we knew that we had options in terms of fixing it.  It took away the pressure of TTC naturally - I was getting obsessed with getting pg, and then I was worried that it wasnt happening because I was too obsessed, and then I was trying to not be obsessed, etc, etc.  Finding out we had a problem put an end to all of that so in one way it was a huge relief. 

Please let us know how you get on with your tests.  Fingers crossed its good news, but whatever the outcome we will be here to help you through it.

Love Olwen xxx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.