Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 129 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right girls, this is a feel good thread for ALL of you :)

What have you done today (however tiny) that makes you super-mummy?  :)  It could be as little as simply managing to get dressed before 4pm ;D

You have to start your post as follows...

I AM SUPER MUMMY BECAUSE....

Today I have breast-fed the girls at a toddler group whilst doing finger painting with Josh.  We got home and had some play time before I cooked Josh's tea (whilst breast-feeding), fed him it (whilst breast-feeding), gave him a bath (whilst breast-feeding), and put him to bed (whilst breast-feeding).  Then I finished breast-feeding the girls and put them to bed (whilst drinking a large glass of wine ;D )

Who's next? And make sure you give yourself a big pat on the back for it :)

xx Clare

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
You don't need to tell me Clare, I already know that you are SUPER MUMMY! ;D

Gracie is sleeping well - thanks for all the advice x x

·
Premium Member
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You've broken the rules Lou ;D - what have you done today that makes you a super-mummy? :) ^hugme^

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Crikey Lou - just seen your ticker - can't believe your two are a year old already!!! :eek:

I'm a super-mummy.....just because I was at college today, and instead of finding course-related books, I got one out the library that has great learning games for toddlers...and I made it back home in time to put them both in bed.........aaahhh, I just love their faces when Mummy walks in the room after my one day off a week!!!!!!!!! :) :) :)

·
Registered
840 Posts
I AM A SUPER MOMMY BECAUSE

today i've managed to look after my son before and after being at nanny's and cared for a DH after he has spent the day in hospital having his 10th lot of chemo.  Looking after Brody single handedly because of daddy "feeling poorly" and doing bedtime all on my own.

I've done washing, tea, breakfast, bedtime, playtime, brushed teeth etc and all at the end of a day at work

multi tasking is my middle name

Keri xx

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Keri - you are one super-duper Mummy!!!

·
Registered
1,102 Posts
I marked some GCSE essays, scrubbed the kitchen floor, cleaned the whole of downstairs, cooked dinner, nursed Dylan who has 'Baby Man' flu!  I did all the general things we Mums do...

Then... I managed to get my daughter off to sleep after only 15 minutes of resistance (it' s no mean feat I tell you!)

Somebody give me a glass of wine! x

·
Premium Member
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
^banana^ ^banana^

Well done, Super Mummies! You all get a medal :)

Keri - ^hugme^ you're pretty special honey ;)

xx Clare

·
Premium Member
4,658 Posts
I AM A SUPER MOMMY BECAUSE

(did a post then lost it lol so here is the condensed version)

Didn't stress with DS this morning and at lunchtime when he fussed with his bottle for an hour.
Made his first lot of pear puree
had a row with DH on the phone but was wise enough to ring him back 30 mins later to apologise (yes it was totally my fault  ;D)
Cleaned, washed, ironed, made tea, washed up after tea
Fed DS his puree (no mean feat lol)
Got DD to eat her tea (my children just don't like eating  ;D)
Removed something really vulgar from DD's hands without being sick, then changed my trousers as she had managed to get in on them aswell  :mad:
Bathed DS, gave him his bottle and some baby rice and finally got him to bed

Keri really is Super Mummy and a fantastic lovely lady  :-*

Shelley x

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
Wow Clare......Supermummy....you sound like Inspector Gadget  ;D  ^bow^

Keri -  ^hugme^

Lou -  ^bow^

Shelley -  ^bow^

I am a Supermummy today because......

I was showered, dressed and madeup, plus the boys and out the house by 0800  :eek: and walked them to nursery - totally amazed myself  ;D

I've done four loads of washing, prepped and cooked a lovely dinner, popped to the shops, sorted out all of Lucas' clothes and then walked to pick the boys up again this evening

I've even managed to give Rory rides in 3 different pushchairs throughout the course of the day  ^roflmao^

I was rewarded for my hard work by Rory rolling over for the 1st time  ^Heart^ and dh pouring a lovely big glass of wine.

My punishment for the day......stuck watching football whilst about to start the ironing  ;D

S xx

·
Registered
6,867 Posts
I'm a super mummy because I collected A from nursery whilst wretching, I bought him home, made DH's sandwiches for tomorrow whilst wretching, played with A in the garden whilst wretching, changed his bum whilst wretching, bathed him with my head down the toilet seat being sick and then DH walked through the door to pick him up put him in his gro bag and put him in his cot.... ;D

WELL DONE LADIES YOU ARE ALL SUPER MUMMYS!!!

Bev xx

·
Premium Member
4,394 Posts
I am a super mummy because I managed to get out of the house today for work without any snot or weetabix on me .... I didn't manage it yesterday  :-[

·
Premium Member
1,321 Posts
We are all super mummies aren't we?
I am super mummy because...

I didn't stress or even get cross when moany moany Daisy whinged at me from five past six (am) and made me late.
I did a full day at work with zero time for a cup of coffee or break and barely made it to the loo - came home, picked D up, went to supermarket, played in garden, made tea, cleared up from tea, bathed D and put her to bed, did more school work...
To be fair, usually DH does some of that but he's out at an evening meeting and works from home so barely stopped to eat before that...

Poll

·
Premium Member
4,931 Posts
I am super mummy because.............

I got up at 6am and fed Daisy, did 3 loads of washing and pegged them out, rang the vet to get an appointment for Digby who has been bitten by a nasty dog, fed Daisy pureed courgette, cleaned her up (and me!), went to baby clinic to get weighed, came home, collected Digby, went to vet and got antibiotics and a lampshade for him, came home and put DH to bed who had taken himself off to casualty as he has come back from a business trip to China covered in insect bites which have given him a mysterious virus, walked and fed Digby, fed Daisy baby rice and apple, bathed Daisy, put Daisy to bed, had a large glass of wine, had my tea, made DH a cup of tea and put him back to bed.

Like Shelley, I was rewarded today by Daisy doing her first roll over too (blimey Shelley, Rory's a clever boy, can Daisy add him to her boyfriend list?!).

We are all super Mummy's, even though it might not feel like it sometimes.

Lots of love
Tillypops
xxxxxxxx

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Oh I am so not a super mummy, but reading your posts will try and keep up! ^chuckle^

·
Registered
6,814 Posts
oh yes you are  ;) ;) :-*

·
Premium Member
3,865 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Awwww I am LOVING this! Makes me feel all gooey inside :)

Sorry Sue - you have to pick something that makes you super mummy - it's the rule of the thread! ;D ;D  Go on - there's definitely something.... :)

xx Clare

p.s. Now I am typing whilst expressing - definitely Inspector Gadget Shelley ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
6,624 Posts
Hmmmm..... trying to think, not coming up with much at the moment...

·
Premium Member
1,756 Posts
Clare, have you spent most of the day with your baps out??!

You are our Super Mum Leader !

·
Premium Member
4,758 Posts
I am a Super Mummy because:

I managed to bite my tongue when DH had a cob on cos his inhaler ran out and so spoke to me like poo when asking telling me to get a repeat prescription.

I managed to not shout at snooty receptionist when she told me I needed to go into the surgery to order said prescription!

I'm sure I'll be able to think of something baby-related when I've calmed down about ^swear^ DH!! ;D ;D ;D

1 - 20 of 129 Posts