Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Gals :),
i have a two year old called Megan, but to be honest i smoked when i was pregers! being a first time mum i didn't really realize what i was doing until I saw the placenta!!!!! it made me cry at the thought of what I had done to my baby. ( it was grainy and bitty) i really cut down  to about two or three a day but still could of done so much damage.
  i hid alot of it and people thought i was doing so well but when the midwife said the placenta is like that because of smoking i cried.
   my fantastic baby could have been harmed!! what was i to do apart from pack up..... well its easier said than done, both me and my husband packed up. it was HELL!!!!! i turned into devil woman, was nasty to every living soul on the plannet and cried a lot!! but it got easier, and easier and in the end WE did it.
we now feel loads better. my husband keeps telling me the only reason he has put on weight is giving up the ****, but i keep telling him its all the Macy D's and sweets he is eating!!!
all the best,
claire. x. :)

·
Registered
103 Posts
I've just read your thread and wanted to say congratulations to both of you and I hope that soon you have your next baby.
I too used to smoke about 30 a day untill I found out I was pregnant. I even had one in my mouth while I did the test. That was 6yrs ago now and still dh and I are non smokers. So it can be done.
Take care.
luv Sunny.x

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi sunny,
  i would never go back to smoking! infact its almost like i never smoked, and it was somebody else putting that *** to their mouth! ( hope you know what i mean!?) i hate it when i or mart have been out and in the morning all you can smell is smoke on your clothes and in your hair!
  thanks for your kind words, and i hope it helps others that are trying to give up.
take care,
Claire,
x. :)

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well I posted this nearly 2 1/2 years ago!!! can you belive it??? Its been over 5 years since I have smoked  but Mart has suffered a few returns  :'(.  i wanted to bump up this post as i am sure it will be relavent to people know as it was then, and I am sure if it help just one person to stop then it will all be worth it!!! If anybody feels I can help them then please feel free to IM me as I will do anything to help if I can.

Love & Hugs,
Mac,
xxx.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.