Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found out that i was pg in the middle of my 2ww and im now 4weeks 5 days but i have noticed i cant lay on my belly or turn over onto my side to quickly as i get like a elastic band feeling in my belly. It feels like its puling all around. Is this normal for the stage im at? Can anyone say that they are or have been through the same thing as me?

Love to hear what u have to say as im ^eyes^

Lisa.

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
Hi Lisa,

Sounds totally like the round ligaments to me... I thought I'd be getting more of those pulling/pain sensations the bigger I've got but actually I had the most bother with it early on like you, and throughout the 1st trimester.  Maybe I've just developed the knack of moving in such a way that I don't twang anything...  ??? those 'elastic bands' can get pretty painful!  ::)

If you're at all worried tho it's always best to check things out with your doc/mw.  Do you have a check up or scan scheduled anytime soon?

Trip xx

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Tripitaka i have my 1st scan on the 11th june so ill be 7 1/2 weeks its just such a uncomfy pulling pain but it only happens when im laying down in bed. Love your picture of bubs .x.x

·
Premium Member
1,855 Posts
Roll on June 11th then! I'm sure it's all normal, what you describe. I only ever got the pains when I was lying down, or 'reclined' on the sofa and tried to move too sharply... those ligaments come right round the uterus so maybe that angle stretches them more or something... ??? Have you tried lying on your left side?... or right side for that matter, tho left is s'posed to be best for you and the littl'un(s). I was always a belly sleeper pre-pregnancy but made myself stay on one side or the other almost from the outset... swapping sides is always a very slow and cumbersome process mind! ::) :) I've found having one of those long body pillows to snuggle round helped a lot with getting and staying comfy.

I love my piccy too! :) Thanks hun. ^hugme^ :-* Not long til you have some gorgeous pics of your own. ^afro^

Good luck with everything. x

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
Hi hun,

Try not to worry as everything is stretching to accomadate baby. I had what you describe but i was further along (cant quite remeber when) but i pulled a ligament in my belly and i was in that much pain i couldnt move. It was awful and very upsetting, but after a week i was back to normal.

Hope it goes soon and your feeling a better  ^hugme^

Nikki xx

·
Registered
172 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info i have a funny feeling im having twins, i had ICSI and had two embabies put in at 4cell stage  ^baby^ maybe there trying to make room now  :)
I cant wait for my scan as i still dont believe it as people keep on telling me i could be havng a chemical pg... ^eyes^ im  ^pray^ that im not .x.x I so cant wait for the 11 june....

love Lisa  ^Cuddle^ ^Cuddle^ ^Cuddle^ ^Cuddle^

·
Premium Member
4,758 Posts
Lisa huni!! How mean of people to be saying you could be having a chem preggy?!?!?  ^hugme^ ^hugme^ Ignore them and enjoy being preggy!!! Thats an order!!

You will have all sorts of pains, especially during the 1st tri. Your body is stretching and moving to accomodate the growing embie(s). Generally, it is perfectly normal but if you are at all concerned, speak to a mw, your clinic or gp.

Here's to a happy and healthy nine months xxxx

1 - 7 of 7 Posts