Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry to be a pain but today I'm going through a rough patch.  Our initial consultation is on 9th November, which is only 3 weeks away, but OMG I can't take the waiting any longer!!!!!!  ^furios^ ^furios^ ^furios^ ^furios^ ^furios^ ^furios^ ^furios^

Sorry to moan & whinge but here is the only place I can get this out.  I sometimes think that when I mention it in work people just think I'm weird or something.  ^confused^ ^confused^

Have tried to concentrate on work/doing overtime/etc but nothing works - any suggestions? ^bow^ ^bow^ ^bow^ ^bow^ ^bow^

I have even tried contacting the hospital to see if there are any cancellations but there aren't any.  For some reason we are meant to wait until November!!! Aaaaaaaaargh!!!

Again - sorry about the moan  ^shake^

·
Premium Member
4,610 Posts
hi steph

^Cuddle^ hope time starts to go faster for you, the waiting is a pain in the ^shake^

are you a member of the chitter chatters because a lot of us are waiting on there and i know you would be welcome to join us, then we can all go mad waiting together  ;D ;D

luv pam xx

·
Registered
949 Posts
HI Steph

I sometimes think my life is just one whole big waiting game.  We wait for af to start so we can start tx, we then wait for certain days to take our tabs or injections, we then wait for scans to let us know how our follies are doing, then we wait for more jabs and then our basting .... then another hellish 2ww and then when we get the BFN it all starts all over again.  WOuldn't it be nice to wake up one day and not have to bother about all that and not know exactly what day of your cycle you are on and actually not really care about it!

We can but cream!!

Love

K xxx

·
Registered
949 Posts
OOOOPS  :-[ THat should have said dream!!!!

See, I was sooooo angry  :mad: at the thought of all that waiting that my spelling went completely to pot!  ::)

K xxx

·
Premium Member
5,346 Posts
Huh ??? I'm sure I just posted in here ???
Weird

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
^bow^ ^bow^ ^bow^ ^bow^ ^bow^ ^bow^ ^bow^ ^bow^ ^bow^ ^bow^ ^bow^ ^bow^ ^bow^ ^bow^ ^bow^ ^bow^ ^bow^

What more can I say?  You're heroes - every one!!!  ^Exercise!1^ ^Exercise!1^ ^Exercise!1^ ^Exercise!1^

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Hi Steph

I know exactly how you feel. I have been patiently waiting for months and months for various appointments to come and go. My consultants appointment is tonight at 6.40 pm. I will finally find out when i can start treatment. For some reason i have found waiting for this one the hardest ever. I was up at six o clock this morning because i couldn't wait any longer and with only a few hours to go i still can't wait!!!!  :mad:

I am really excited to find out our dates but i know that when i get home tonight i will have to start waiting again, this time for my treatment date to arrive  ;D  ;D

Lots of luck on the 9th!!

FLH x x

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Good luck for tonight!!!!  ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^

Let me know how you get on.  I have to agree, for all the appointments I've been waiting for this has been the worst - weird isn't it??  ^confused^

Good Luck xx

·
Premium Member
357 Posts
Thanks steph

I am back on here again already! I am trying to fill my day but keep looking at the message board for last minute questions  ;D

I am off to walk the dog now but i will be back on later and will let you know what happened.

7 hours and 40 minutes to go!

FLH x x

·
Registered
5,128 Posts
hey girls

i hate waiting too!!!! grrrrrr lo

we are waiting to find out when we can start our iui! its our first go and i dont know how much longer i can wait!

good luck for your app

take care

Mez
xxxxx

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Hi steph,

I have posted to you before. Dh and I have been to Plymouth and have seen the same consultant as you. We are now waiting (again!!!!) for a second opinion. We are waiting for a consultation to arrange SSR (surgical sperm retrieval) to see if DH has any  ^sperm^. He does not produce any on SA.

Our appointment is on Nov 9 th too!!!!!!!

I feel like Im going round the twist ^confused^ with all this not knowing. I have taken heaps of days off sick from work due to being stresses out. I cannot think of anything else at the moment. We just want to know if we will one day be able to progress onto ICSI.

Good luck on the 9th.

Lol

Mae

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Mae

What time is your appointment on the 9th?  Ours is at  13.30.  Wouldn't it be really weird if the appointments were at the same time!!!  ^witch^ ^witch^

xx

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Steph,

We are going to Bristol for the second opinion on the 9th. In the meantime, we are still waiting for an appointment for the biopsy at derriford. We thought that we would keep our options open until we have seen Bristol. That way we can make an informed decision as to whic clinic we opt for.

When we saw Dr Acharya, he didnt hold out much hope of findig any sperm on biopsy. (despite my DH hormones, chromosomes etc all coming back perfectly normal). My friend however has just given birth to a baby girl after having IVF t Derriford under Dr Ach.

Oh, by the way, our app is at 2pm. How weird is that!!!!!!!!!!

You must keep in touch and let me know how it goes,

Lol

Mae

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

·
Registered
110 Posts
i think we all go mad waiting....

took me months for initial consultation, then 3 months to get hsg test...... now when i phoned to ask when i go back for follow up consultation for hsg i have to wait until end of January (they call that a follow up all i can say is  ^censored^ ^snarl^)
but we wait, we get angry, we get upset, and we go bloody stark raving mad......
while everyone around us carries on there normal lives.......
oh well only 3 months to go
good luck all
petra
^reiki^

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You sometimes wonder if the hospitals/doctors really know what we go through when we are told the length of time we have to wait.  You'd think that they could give us suggestions on how to not calendar-watch!!  ^mercy^

Have you tried calling for a cancellation?  I tried that, but unfortunately there were none.  ^shake^

Take it easy missy  ^drink^ ^drink^
xx

·
Registered
110 Posts
believe me our consultant knows i am angry, but the secretary promised to get my notes and put them in from consultant and make him write to us confirming where we go from here....
will believe it when i see it in black and white, they are always busy there and there is no chance of a cancellation i dont think anyone dare cancel lol
not to worry will just get on with something else for the time being
all the best petra

·
Registered
1,745 Posts
Thumper- what consultant are you under as I notice that you are at Derriford too!! ^scared^ Is it just this clinic that is on "Go slow" time, or is it the general thing?????

I hope you dont mind me asking Thumper and Steph, but do you both pay for treatment, or get it on NHS?  Its just that I think if you are like me and have to pay, then why do we have to wait so long. I thought that by going private, it shortens the wait!!!!!!!!! ^smash^ ^smash^ ^smash^

Right, have got that frustration out of the way and now plan to have a chilled (whats that?) weekend

Lol

Mae

·
Registered
110 Posts
sorry mae,
unfortuanetly at the moment all tests for me are nhs....
tx will be funded as no nhs here. d/f had to have his swimmers tested private, took 4 months for appt and we are still waiting 1 month later for results so i think pay or nhs you just get to wait at the moment  :'( :'(

good luck maybe your clinic different
all the best pet

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
We have to pay unfortunately  ^mercy^  Ho hum, never mind!

It does feel unfair that we have to wait when we are paying.  If I lived in Derby with my relatives we would probably get it for free!!  ^shake^ ^shake^

So much for living in the south west

xx

1 - 20 of 30 Posts