Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello...!!
I can't believe I am typing this, I have wanted to type on this thread for 4 years now and I can't believe I am actually posting.  After the years of -ive results, intrusive tests, failed treatments, drug side effects, worry about going through the menopause because of high FSH, let down after let down, I am 6 days late and took a test this morning at 5.30 am...I couldn't wait any longer and I went screaming in to the bedroom where poor DH was sleeping and bellowed it's positive.  I am in complete shock, I sort of feel numb because I can't believe it has happened to me after everything.  I had a little idea but you can't for a minute assume, but my cervix had disappeared and when i did locate it it was like a spongeball (nice...that's four years of ttc for you) I could't keep from weeing every 5 mins and have been a little moody.  For days it has felt like AF was coming and I can't believe how similiar AF is to early pregnancy, no wonder we drive ourselves mad.  Anyway, I'm banging on, no one else is awake to tell so I am on here letting it all out.  I'm searching on the net for everything, I am so excited.  I know so much about my body and ttc that I have just realised I know nothing about what to do when you actually get pregnant, what to eat/drink and what exercise is safe.  I have no idea...help?  O my god, you'll have all stopped reading now anyway cause I'm boring, I know, but just very excited.  Is there a list of helpful hints on early pregnancy anywhere? I don't even know how to get a ticker thing on my profile, which I am dying to do.   
Thanks for listening Joxxxxx

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Joy so pleased for you, you mush be over the moon and in total shocl. That's fantastic news. Wishing you a very happy 8 months xxx

·
Registered
42 Posts
hi Jo
I am new to FF and am in Sydney so am therefore awake to read your message and congratulate you. WELL DONE! YOU did it. your perseverance paid off and reading your signature shows how much you have been through to get to this point so just enjoy it and be the most annoying baby-obsessed pregnant woman you can be!!!!
i'm sure you will find all the information you need very quickly. there is SO much out there on pregnany, too much in fact! enjoy your pregnancy and have fun once the baby pops out...that is a whole other story :)
quite inspirational esp as I am about to start clomid next month and I LOVE to read about people getting pregnant on clomid.
annaxx

·
Super Moderator
2,500 Posts
Hi Jo

Just wanted to say a massive congratulations!!!!!!!

Gives us all that extra bit of hope!

Sharry xx

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you both sooooooooo much for your kind words I have never been so happy..
ahhh, Sydney, you lucky person, I spent a year over there travelling, I love the country, one of the best years of my life.  I hope to get back there one day to see my old haunts.
Good luck, Clomid is not the easiest drug to take but anything is worth it I guess to get the end result.
Thank you
joxx

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sharry,
I have spent years reading everyone else's happy stories and I had really low times, I will never forget that feeling of when your AF is coming and you feel like the world is ending as your hormones make you feel down too.  I have spent hours crying at the computer and thinking it will never happen to me.  I thought I would be the last person to get a natural +ive, I have so many problems.  So you really have to believe.  I know it sounds silly but this month I thought so positive, I watched a programme about the placibo effect working on the human body so I thought the whole time at ovulation and after that I am pregant and kept saying it over and over in my head and it worked for me.  I imagined conception, the egg going in to the uterus, everything.  It's worth thinking about...
Good luck and thanks for your kind words
Joxx

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Jo- that's the best things isn't it, when you never dream something might happen then out of the blue it's there.  xx

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Beachgirl, I have just seen you are starting IVF this month, how's that going?  What stage are you at?

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Jo- I'm testing on Monday  :eek:

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
OMG OMG...I bet you're driving yourself bananas  ^idiot^ arn't you trying to feel symptoms...Are you going to hold out til then?
GOOD LUCK

·
Premium Member
6,690 Posts
Congratulations hun on your BFP!!

(I did the same with my DP, him fast alseep with me shouting its positive in his ear, he didnt know what was going on ;D )

Nikki xx

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks Nikki, your son is gorgeous...I frightened the living poo out of other half, he thought the house was on fire!! Still, he said he will never forgot hearing me wailing it's positive so that counts for something...
Jox

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Jo, I'll be waiting until the 28th....it's such a torture isn't it.

Do you have any plans today?  Bet you feel like shouting it from the rooftops  ;D

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes it is, I held out for 5 days because I just couldn't face another -ive..
I'm waiting for other half to get home, he worked all night for the fire service last night then i am going shopping for a pregnancy book  ;D and also to look for some maternity jeans...I know, I know but I just want to...my tummy has been a little round for a while now so maternity jeans would be very comfortable..ha ha

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
Jo, enjoy it, you deserve to x x x

·
Premium Member
3,001 Posts
Congrats hun  ;D ;D ;D I'm not surprised your over the moon  ;D ;D  Your post really made me smile though... i can feel how excited you are  :p Its fab, congrats and enjoy every minute  ;D

·
Registered
42 Posts
Thanks Jojo. Look forward to hearing all about it as your pregnancy progresses.
so, you'll have to bring dd or ds to sydney and show him or her the sights and your old haunts then!

I used to live in the UK but have been here for 6 years now. Love it. Having said that I am from nz and am thinking of moving back there in a few years. Hard to say, both places are great lifestyles for kids which is the primary motivator. Perhaps without kids we would still be in London although big city life was not good for my liver from what I recall. Those were the days a  long time ago before ttc and a forced healthier regime!!!

Annaxx

·
Registered
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
my brother is marrying a girl from NZ next xmas and they are moving to Roturua (not sure of spelling, the smelly place) so my parents are so pleased I am having a little one as his are going to be miles and miles away...

·
Registered
868 Posts
Many Congrats Jo !!

we are both as pregnant as each other  ;D

bell xx

·
Registered
817 Posts
jo and bell, CONGRATULATIONS!

please let us know - anything you did differently? what caused the bfp in your views?

Nice to read such lovely news, :)

Anna xxx

1 - 20 of 44 Posts