Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi folks

when we went through our ivf with icsi in Dec they really struggled to retrieve eggs from the top of my left ovary and i feel like we have had missed opportunity's. going to start tx again in sept and have been told to lose some weight and get bmi below 30 last attempt bmi was at 32..

has anyone come across this problem lost the weight and had a more successful EC second time around?
my consultant wasn't very confident it would but has said he wont treat me till my bmi is lower as EC was quite difficult for him last time.can anyone tell me if they can get to my ovary any other way if i lose the weight and its still going to be a problem?

sorry for all the questions i just feel as we pay so much for tx i don't want to have missed opportunity's the next time.

thankyou in advance
broatchy

·
Registered
4,005 Posts
Hi broatchy,

I'm sorry you've not had a very successful EC last time. I think your consultant needs to give you more confidence. It sounds like he's telling you it won't work before you even start  :mad: Some women have radically different amounts of eggs from tx to tx! Some clinics alter the type of drugs slightly on each tx and some drugs have better results then others. It is supposed to be true about the weight and it is supposed to improve fertility if you are not overweight so try and lose some before September. The other way they can retrieve eggs is with a laparoscopy but I think through he cervix is the usual. You could ask your cons if he'd do the lap instead?

Hope your cons manages to give you more confidence and stop being so negative toward you. Good luck for Sept!! :)

Elle x

1 - 2 of 2 Posts