Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What esle can I say, apart from I have reached 6 months of being smoke free after smoking 20 a day for about 15 years!! ;D ;D
I never ever though I would see the day, but with lots and lots of willpower I have done it.

Im sorry to start a new post, there seems to be so many of you that are doing a grand job of quitting.....to everyone who has only just started or are in the process of stopping...I am wishing you all the luck in the world!.

I must admit the first couple of months were quite hard, I just generally felt empty but didnt actually want a *** or food.......but i dont miss it one bit now and of course I am one of those irritating people who try and preach!!!....but in a very funny way!.

On top of that I have been on a diet for 3 weeks and already lost 9lbs which os most of my weight that I gained when i stoped...........just remember that you CAN do it!

Lotus- How are you doing my old pal??....I guess you must be well into your cycle now??. Update me when you can!

Natsxx ;D ;D

·
Premium Member
1,359 Posts
Crazy Nats

A Big  ^congrats^ on reaching that 6 month milestone.  ^afro^

As a constant quitter (always finding another excuse to depend on the evil sticks ^confused^ ) I'm just 3 days into my milestone, but feeling very optimistic this time round  ;)

Well done again (and be sure to preach to us all lots  ;D )

Loadsa Love
Jax
xxx

·
Premium Member
5,346 Posts
Well done Crazy

I have reached 9 and a half weeks !!!

Jamapot - I had hypnotherapy - it made a huge difference to me !  I was smoking 20+ a day !!!

Jennifer
xx xx

·
Registered
85 Posts
well done nats you old ex smoker you, 6 months is brill yea haa, started injections today aahhh very scary but i will be fine, hope you are ok  jay x  ^reiki^

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi there mate

Oh im sorry, I have been so busy with stuff. We have started our home study for the adoption and havent spent a weekend at home in the past 6 weeks as we have been away, staying at friends, camping, and all sorts!.

Things are going very well here, I am still off those **** and I would say its only been the last 3-4 weeks that **** havent bothered me at all. Although I used to get cravings they were easy to deal with but i dont even get them now.,.....its blooody great!. It took 6 months to get rid of them but they are long gone.
I have of course gained a little weight so have recently joined a gym which I am totally enjoying. Feel like a new woman since I quit!.
My nephews and niece are down this week staying with MIL just up the road so no doubt they will sleep over for the weekend!

So hows it going then, how are you doing in your cycle........and of course how is the non smoking going too???????..........
You must be getting up to the stage where you will be posting a BFP!?

Let me know how you are when you get a min!

Natsxxxx

·
Registered
85 Posts
oh crazy glad to hear u r ok, i got a faint positive today after my 2ww, then had some brown spotting tonight, no idea whats going on , will just have to wait and see, non smoking is easier than i thought, still get a craving when i feel bad or down but they soon pass, ok talk 2 u soon and good luck with everything ok  love jay  xx    :)

·
Registered
1,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Lotus

Im so sorry that I have been slack on the messages!
Anyway I just want to congratulate you on your pg and wish you a wonderful 8 months!!  ;D ;D

Bet you are glad that you gave up before you became pg!

I am fine and still smoke free, I can say that it is fone now, I am still so bloody proud that I have got this far, its not 9 months!....and boy do I feel a whole lot better too!.

Anyway I hope you are ok..........

Take care

Natsxx

·
Registered
85 Posts
nats glad to hear you are ok, are you still doing the home study ? what stage are you at ? i am still smoke free and so chuffed, went for my 1st scan yesterday and it was fine, hope you are well    lotus  xxxx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts