Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all
Am currently down regging for my second round of ICSI PGD and am desperate to know if anyone has had success through this treatment. My last cycle failed due to all of our embryos being carrying an unbalanced translocation. I've done a search but not found anyone who has had success? Please let me know if you can point me in the right direction.
Thanks everyone
Laura Goose

·
Registered
769 Posts
Hi Laura....Whippet has found me for you as we are on the Hatters thread, i was on the loonies but had my cycle cancelled so i knew about you any way, as i was looking in now and again to see how they were getting on.

Anyway i have just had my first cycle of IVF in Belgium and i am now 6weeks and 1 day pg.
I had PGD because i have a son with an x linked condition so i was trying to get a girl tissue match.
Unfortunatly we did not get a match but did get a girl.

We are over the moon but sad we were unable to get a match for our little boy, the up side is that GOSH are not too worried at the moment, and treatments are getting better all the time.
We wanted another baby to add to our 2 sons and was not able to naturally due to condition of ds2.

feel free to ask any questions

popsx 

·
Premium Member
11,096 Posts
/bump

·
Registered
631 Posts
Hi I am currently having tx in Turkey with PGD because of my DH robersonian translocation I have just had news that 7 out of 8 of my eggs fertilised and we are sweating it waiting to hear how many or if any will make it to PGD and if so how many will be affected by the translocation - they have said with my age ( 40 ) and the translocation there may not be any normal embryos - I will let you know how we get one - how many embies did you get and have PGD?

take care love Karen xxx.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Karen
Congratulations on your news, that's great and thank you for getting in touch! I had 7 eggs and 6 fertilised, 3 got to the stage of being large enough to test but unfortunately there were 2 that were unbalanced and one that they described as 'chaotic' which they had to discard also. Please don't use me as a guide, its all just such a numbers game. My consultant was the first to tell me that I could have 8 embryos and they all be unbalanced or I could have 1 and it be perfect. I wish you all the very best of luck with everything and empathise totally with just how much of a rollercoaster the whole waiting game is. Do keep in touch and let me know how you get on and if you have any questions, you know where I am.
Take care
Laura
xxx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts