Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
posted on this board earlier on  in  the year  about my  appalling dr well i  got  my  second opinion with  another gynae, they  saw me in  double quick  time and were lovely  with me the  dr  welcomed me into  his room  with  a handshake same with  dh  he read the  letter to  me that  the dr has sent to  him  and he said yes weight was a small issue but he felt me age at  37b  was more of  an  issue, so  he agreed to  me going o n  clomid but he wanted  me to  have a hsg first  yehhhh a result at last, he gave me tablets to  start bleeding off  but it started itself i  i  rung up  and arranged for  hsg i went  to  have it and while doing it it was fine until  she started ti  inject the dye and i  got  a most intense pain  and then  i  stared to  bleed so  she went  for th e senior radiologist who  gave me an internal  scan  as  they  were concerned about the bledding  but she said that  my  womb and ovaries looked fine she didn't know if the dye Had gone  through  tubes or not. they  were worried that  i  had bled  but let me go  home  she said i  will have to  say  that  results are inconclusive.
can anyone help  does the pain mean  that  my  tubes were blocked? anyone else have this  anyone else bled while  having  a hsg?
does inconclusive mean my tubes are blocked??? i  dont see  gynae until  January

for those who  didnt see my  post earlier ive posted my  story  further down  its long.

Hi i,m new to  this board iam 37 have been  TTC for 6 years now  i  have a  ds  from  a previous marriage and hubby  has 3 darling  daughters from a previous marriage  ( they  live with t there  mum) i have just  been fobbed off all the time by my gynae because i ma  FAT (there words not mine), they  did internal scans ct scans various tests and bloodtest and they cud  find nothing wrong so they say, i was either having  no periods for months or a period that lasted for  weeks and was very heavy with bloodclots i told this to  gynae but his excuse was its because ur fat  lose weight  and you Will be pregnant.
so i  went away  and  lost  4 stone  guess what ! the periods were the same so i  went back  to  the gynae and he still said well u must  not of lost enough and  insisted by his scales i hadn't lost any weight and that drs must be wrong.
By  this time i had gone 5 months without a period his reason for  it  was because i  was to  fat  so  not ovulating, so  was told o  go  away  for r 6 mths lose  weigh t and come back  i  went away  periods started and wouldn't stop i  had to  get tablets from  doc  to  stop it , his reason  then  for this was  FAT again i  said if  i,m bleeding i must be ovulating ,  he started to  confuse and annoy  me did  this dr because he wouldn't  do  any  tests,  told me  th e only  one he wud do  was an hsg  everytime i  rung up  wen  bleeding finally  started after  tablets  there was never anyone there  to  do  it  five times i  tried  and then  i  gave up he told me  just  to  lose weight and said  if i  didn't  he  would knock  e off his books
i  went  to  see my  doc who was disgusted and i  told her i  would like a second opinion  so  she sent me to  another hospital  with  another gynae, they  saw me in  double quick  time and were lovely  with me the  dr  welcomed me into  his room  with  a handshake same with  dh  he read the  letter to  me that  the dr has sent to  him  and he said yes weight was a small issue but he felt me age at  37b  was more of  an  issue, so  he agreed to  me going o n  clomid but he wanted  me to  have a hsg first  yehhhh a result at last, he gave me tablets to  start bleeding off  but it started itself i  i  rung up  and arranged for  hsg i went  to  have it and while doing it it was fine until  she started ti  inject the dye and i  got  a most intense pain  and then  i  stared to  bleed so  she went  for th e senior radiologist who  gave me an internal  scan  as  they  were concerned about the bledding  but she said that  my  womb and ovaries looked fine she didn't know if the dye Had gone  through  tubes or not. they  were worried that  i  had bled  but let me go  home  she said i  will have to  say  that  results are inconclusive.
can anyone help  does the pain mean  that  my  tubes were blocked? anyone else have this  anyone else bled while  having  a hsg?
does inconclusive mean my tubes are blocked???

thanks for  reading if u  go t this far amanda.

·
Registered
824 Posts
Dear Amanda

I'm sorry you've had such horrible experiences and sorry the dr was mean to you. I think some drs don't realise how vulnerable we feel as patients have our insides studied and poked and prodded.. I do hope you've turned a corner now and that things will get better for you.

I don't know about the significance of the bleeding during HSG - you need to ask the clinic about this and about the results. I just wanted to reassure you, in a way, by saying that I found the dye being pushed through my tubes the most painful procedure I've ever had - and I think my pain threshold is quite high. They warned me it would be painful and had a nurse there just to hold my hand and mop my brow - and my brow DID sweat!!

Good luck with everything
Love and dust
Cecilie

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.