Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Im 43 and had 3 mc in last year - twins in feb following suspected ectopic!
I know Im struggling and the recurrent mc tests ( nhs ones messed up 3 times!) nearly did me in.
I feel i may need counselling as the baby thing is my every waking and sleeping- when i sleep- thought.
How can i sort this as i need to be more positive before we embark on any treatment
Thanks
burnley xx

G

·
Burnley - so sorry to hear this - I'd really recommend Hypnotherapy - it did wonders for my PMA! but make sure they are experienced in fertility ;)

Good luck ^reiki^ ^reiki^

xx

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Lukey - tried hypno - 2 sessions - couldnt quite get into it , found listening to cd difficult, maybe need to give it another go
xxxx

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
Hi Burnley,
So sorry you have been through this  ^hugme^, I'm not surprised you are thinking of little else.  ^hugme^
I think counselling would be a good idea, it will help you work through your feelings and as you say help you prepare for your treatment.
You are so brave  ^bow^ and you must be very strong to be even thinking about treatment, you will get through this. You just need a bit of help, a bit of direction to work through things, and clear your head a bit.
What harm can it do?
There should be a counsellor attatched to your clinic.
Or go through your GP.
I am having counselling after my m/c, and though it is a bit draining, I think it's going to help. It's no good burying these feelings, because they just come back and bite you on the bum! You need to deal with the feelings, and make sure you have grieved properley. It's easier than you think opening up to someone you don't know!
I think there might be a recurrent m/c thread on the pregnancy loss board, have you been on there? You might find that supportive.
Best of luck with whatever you decide, and good luck for the future.
Love
Cindersxxx

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Cinders for your support and kind thoughts - hadnt spotted pg loss board
Burnley
xx

G

·
Burnley - hi again - I was not meaning a Hypnotherapy CD! I was meaning visiting a fertility-hypnotherapist who can tailor the sessions specifically to you?

xxx

·
Registered
771 Posts
Hi Burnley,

I am very sorry that you are struggling at the mo.

It is hard to think positive when you have been through a lot.  I found that yoga and positive visulisation type meditation helped me, not meaning to sound like a hippy, but it helped calm my mind and feel more positive before embarking on the next go.  Also I knew that time would help and I found comfort in that thought, knowing that I would not feel that miserable forever and in time I knew I would get mentally stronger.  I also learned that after each loss I had learned to pick myself up quicker.

It is hard for people to understand how you are feeling and maybe chatting to a councellor could help, it helped me a lot when I had my ectopic.

I would take a look at the pg loss board because everyone knows what you have been through and will give you support.

I hope you feel better soon.

Take care,

Jxx

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Jax
Just read your profile - so sorry! you both have had a rotten time!
What are the immune issues? Im just thinking of this before i move to next phase
Thank you for tips
Burnleyxx

·
Registered
771 Posts
Hi Burnley,

That's OK.

Hope you are feeling a little better today.

I had lots of tests done, it turned out I have anti-thyroid antibodes, MTHFR, an NK cell activity problem, clotting problems and negative LAD.  Did you look at the immune & investigations board and also the Dr Beer website?

Jxx

·
Registered
420 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you Jax- now that u have a full diagnosis, hope you will get treatment, lots of women on here have had succeccful pg with correct meds
burnley xx

1 - 10 of 10 Posts