Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:-*hI MY NAME IS MAEVE ,
I AM NEW TO THIS SITE AND AM ONLY SORRY THAT I DIDNT FIND IT 2 YEARS AGO.DH AND I HAVE BEEN TRYING FOR OUR SECOND CHILD FOR THE LAST 3 YEARS WITH NO RESULTS ,OUR FIRST CHILD IS 6 AND DYING FOR A BABY SISTER OR BROTHER,SHE WAS CONCIEVED WHEN WE WERENT TRYING FUNNILY ENOUGH .ANYWAY TO CUT A LONG STORY SHORT,WE DID 3 I.U.IS LAST YEAR WITH ALL B.F.N AND WE HAVE JUST FINISHED OUR FIRST I.V.F,I.C.S.I CYCLE WHICH I GOT A B.F.P,IM STILL IN SHOCK THAT WE WOULD BE SO LUCKY TO HAVE IT WORK FIRST TIME FOR US.A WORD OF ADVICE FOR ANYONE SUFFERING FROM UNEXPLAINED FERTILITY IS ,IF YOU ARE DOING YOUR FIRST CYCLE OF I.V.F,MAKE SURE YOUR DR DOES HALF I.V.F, HALF I.C.S.I .THIS IS WHAT WE HAD DONE AND ALL 7 EGGS USED IN I.V.F COMPLETELY FAILED TO FERTILIZE WHERE AS WITH I.C.S.I ALL 9 EGGS FERTILIZED.WE PUT 3 DAY 3 EMBRYOS BACK AND BH.C.G ON DAY 14 POST E.C WAS 88 ,YESTERDAY IT WAS 136 ,I JUST HOPE IT KEEPS RISING.IM WORRIED THAT IVE HAD ALOT OF LOWER ABDOMINAL PAIN OVER THE LAST FEW DAYS BUT I THINK IF THERE WERE NO SYMPTOMS ID BE WORRIED TOO,IF ANYONE HAS HAD SIMILAR SYMPTOMS ID REALLY APPRECIATE HEARING ABOUT THEM,AND ANYONE THATS ON THEIR 2 WW AND HAS A.F SYMPTOMS ,TRY NOT TO WORRY AS I WAS 100% CONVINCED I WASNT PREGNANT AS I HAD A.F SYMPTOMS FOR THE WEEK BEFORE THE TEST.BEST OF LUCK TO EVEYONE OUT THERE TRYING TO MAKE THEIR DREAM COME TRUE, ;) :D :) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) :-*

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Maeve

congratuations on your BFP

I had sore boobies and lower abdominal pains during first week of 2ww and then the symptoms disappeared

I was convinced it hadnt worked and then when i tested i got the best surprise in the world

so congraatuations and enjoy

Love Mini xx

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Hi Maeve

Congratulations on your BFP!
The half ICSI, half IVF advice is good - we did the same and would recommend it, our IVF eggs didn't fertilise either.

Anyway, it worked first time for me too, hard to believe one can be that lucky. I hope I can reassure you by telling you that my tummy pains and twinges didn't really go until last week and I'm 9w 5d now. It felt like AF pains for weeks then settled to what felt like trapped wind. It's now just trapped wind!!!

Good luck with your pregnancy, and hope you are feeling more reassured soon.
love
Caroline
xx

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Hi Mini and Caroline,
Thanks for the reply ,I have my first scan on 22nd august and D.h and I are really excited as you can imagine,even my Daughter whom we concieved naturally cant wait and she keeps asking"hows the baby",maybe we told her too early but to be quiet honest I couldn't have kept it from her.
As far as im aware going on my Bhcg numbers it looks as though it is a singleton which is fine with me ,all I want is a healthy baby, be it boy or girl.My first beta on 11d.p e.t was 88 ,then on 12d.p et was 136 and yesterday which was 14d.p et was 342,how does that sound to ye??.My first beta was at a different clinic as my ferility clinic was closed(Bank holidy) and the doctor in the other clinic had said yes it was positive but to be cautious as it was on the low side but i think he didnt understand the whole ivf thing and was worried about the Hcg trigger i got prior to e.c.Anyway my fertility dr said the number was fine the next day when I spoke to him.I find myself so doubting ,its like if I really really believe and go over the top ,something will happen,sounds crazy I know but I just cant believe ive been so so so so so so so lucky!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Congratulations to the both of you and to everyone else out there who has had the courage to do the whole i.v.f thing,heres wishing you all B.F.P s!!!!!!.
p.s Sorry for being so long winded ! love Maeve.
^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^ ^banana^

1 - 4 of 4 Posts