Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have recently been told that we need ICIS if we ever hope to have a child of our own. My family are desperate to help us and want to know all the details of whats involved etc. I am finding this really hard as I dont know whats involved myself yet, without answering all their questions. Does anyone know of any good sites they could visit to read up on ICIS, I know they are wanting to help me but Im finding it all a bit much.  :(

·
Registered
1,284 Posts
Hi Benson!!

You poor thing, its bad enough trying to sort it all out in our own minds never mind having to explain it to every one else!!
What about letting them read stories on this site? On this actual thread?

Everyone here has just about gone through everything there is to go through regarding ICSI and when we were told ICSI was the only way to go for us also I sat and read all the posts here, going way back to the beginning of FF, and I can honestly say that it has made it all a lot clearer for me as the girls all explain it so well, no medical speak!!!

Otherwise, there are some fab sites elsewhere, simply type ICSI into your search bar and lots comes up!
What about the library, I found the Zita West book there and thats great for explaining all about infertility.

Whatever you do try not to let it get on top of you. Tell them where they can get information from and then leave it up to them to get it...........you have enough on your plate!!

Good luck and keep in touch!

Love
yonny x

·
Premium Member
23 Posts
My daughter has been having ICSI treatment after trying to conceive for two and a half years.  She told  us the bare bones of the problem and then I found this site which has been of immeasurable help to me in understanding what she is going through.  She posts on another site. There is also a site called Resolve - just type that into Google.  Under the heading 'Coping' there are several articles including one aimed _at_ family and friends.  You may find this a help.  It is not just about ICSI but about fertility treatment generally. 

I find that leaving my daughter and her husband to tell us just as much as they want and just to send texts and emails saying we are thinking of them and allowing them to phone when they feel like it is a way of letting them know that we think of them constantly without their having to talk about it if they don't want to.

I am sure you will find all the girls on here an enormous support and I wish you the very best of luck in your treatment. 

Angela

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi I found the easiest way to give them the information they wanted was to give them the info leaflets the clinic had given to us. I often found it all too upsetting and raw to be able to speak clearly enough to explain about the little I knew. This way they were given as much information as I had been.
Unfortunately I hadn't discovered this website at the time, it would have been an enormous help if I had.
Hope this helps
Netty

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for all your replies,I had thought about giving them this site details but then I thought that I would rather keep it to myself. That way I can post how I really am feeling without worrying them about recognising me via my posts. Hope this make sense !

·
Registered
125 Posts
Makes perfect sense! :)

·
Premium Member
247 Posts
At worst get them to Google ICSI and IVF...  ;)

Andy

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.