Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:'( Can anyone help? Our ICSI treatment has been  abandoned due to not enough follicles, but one large enough for IUI. They have advised us to go for this treatment on weds. My DH has has antibodies  ^sperm^  and has been taking Tamoxifen for the last 12wks. The hospital has said that is has a very low success rate. Has anyone been in our similar situation? Look forward to hearing from anyone ^eyes^

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Hi Choppie - really sorry to hear the bad news and hope that IUI will be the way to your dreams!  It must have been really disheartening to be told this and I do hope the reason for this is because your body is concentrating on one follie to have the best chance of it being successful.

My DH also has antibodies but our clinic still believes once washed etc it's definitely worth a go at IUI. I don't believe they would recommend this course of action if they thought it was a no go and have had success in the past. They are a great clinic and we trust them implicitly.

We have only had one cycle however and have had to move on to ICSI but this is due to a problem with me not him.

Sending you a whole heap of ^fairydust^ for a positive outcome.

Holly C xx

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanx Holly,
It's good to here from someone who's also going through it. Sometimes you just feel on your own.
Good Luck to you both too.
xx

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
You do - which is why this place is such a gift!

Feel free to join the main thread while you go through it!!

Love
H xx

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hiya Choppie,

My DH has antibodies too and they originally just gave me Clomid for 3 months to see if that would work.  Unfortunately it didn't, and we're now in the 2WW for the first cycle of IUI. 

Sample only had 21% swimmers originally, but after the 'prep'/'washing' it was up to 98% (and not just because there were less of them  ;D ) so it definately does some good. 

We were originally lead to believe that IUI would be the first step and that just Clomid was pointless, but that isn't the case.  When they suggested Clomid first I questioned it 'cos I was a little worried about 'wasting my time'  ::) .  The fertility nurse said that although they know the antibodies affect the chances they don't really know how much affect they have therefore there's always a chance.  I have to say I didn't have much faith that Clomid would work, but I'm hopeful about IUI.  Like they say it only takes one little  ^sperm^ to do the job  ;D .

DH didn't have any drugs himself, so don't know what difference that makes, but I guess it can only be better.

Keep  ^reiki^ you never know.  I don't think they'd suggest it if there wasn't any chance of success. 

Good luck with next week.  Keep us posted. 

OgriEmma.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
OgriEmma Thanx,
The more we've talked about it today your right.  ^reiki^ Positive Thinking -  at least I have one good size follicle for them to work with and we'll have this go before we start ICSI again in Jan.
Thanx, for keeping everything is perspective  ^hugme^ Keep you posted
C

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.