Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have had 2 IUI, 1 IVF and 2 ICSI all at Leicester. I'm thinking of going to ARGC but
after calculating the cost it will take us another year to save up!!!!
My boss is Latvian and told me that Latvia is cheep to live in, so i thought that i would look into going there. There is a place in Riga, which is the capital, so i went on there web site and ICSI is just £700!!!
Has anyone ever gone to a country like Latvia or knows any details/ regulations.
Thanks Rosalind ^eyes^:-\

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
Hi Rosalind,

Unfortunately I haven't had any firsthand experience of Latvia. Are you looking at just Latvia or the whole of Eastern Europe? I am currently undergoing tx in Invimed, Warsaw and chose this location because:

- Although Poland has to follow EU regulations on all assisted conception treatment, there are no additional regulations or laws
- The tx is cheaper. I don't know what it is for IVF, but for a DE cycle it is €3,500 and the success rate is faily high (40%+ for ICSI and 60%+ for ICSI DE)
- The doctors at the clinic as well as some of the nurses speak English and the whole environment is more accomodating.
- Warsaw is a great city with good transport links and the airport is within easy reach. Plus I can fly from Luton which is just 20 minutes away.
- Because Poland is part of the EU there is no hassle with getting visas.

If you want to check out the website the address is www.invimed.pl

Whatever you end up doing, I wish you all the best with your furture tx.

Sasha.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sasha
Sorry i'm new to all this.
I'm so pleased you responded. This is my first time on fertility friends so its great to get a reply.
I think the whole IVF etc in this country is so expensive. so i was just thinking about the whole of Eastern europe as its so much cheaper. However, i don't want to comprimize on quality of sucess.
I'll have a look on the web site you gave me- thanks for that.
I wish you all the luck
keep me informed
Rosalind :)

·
Registered
3,016 Posts
My pleasure, Rosalind. if you have any other questions please do not hesitiate to IM me.

Sasha x

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi,
Sorry don't know anything about Lithuania, but i'm going to be looking all over Europe, at success rates, cost etc. I'll post my findings. It might take me a while.
Rosalind ^eyes^

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
Hello Rosalind and Laragh,
Welcome ! :)

I went to Spain, but there are quite a few ladies on 'abroadies' who went to one of two clinics in the former Soviet Union ....one is Isida in Kiev, and the other is a clinic in Moscow.  Sorry, I don't have detials, but if you trawl through all the abroadies threads there will be info about them and recommendations. 

You could IM Lisa, as she is creating a database of clinics' details, so she may have contacts already for these.

Bluebell xxxxxxx
PS I grew up in Leicester (Evington), but live in Scotland now.  I went for 1 scan at the LRI, and they seemed very friendly and helpful there, and also didn't bat an eyelid that I wanted just one scan and were happy to support me in this treatment I had had abroad ... more than i can say for some clinics or GPs, which would bode well for the bits of your treatment you could have in the UK (down-reg scans etc).

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Bluebell, :)
Thanks for that info, i'll have a look at those clinics.
I agree the nurses at LRI( especially Marion and Kathy) were wonderful.
But there sucsess rates aren't that great. But it's nice to know that i can go there just for a single scan and even a bit of moral support.
I hope your treatment in Spain worked. A friend of mine went to CERAM and is now pregnant with twins.
Roaslind ;)

·
Registered
82 Posts
Dear Rosalind,
I am nearing the end of my tether for my own eggs I think and keen to look at egg donation, I was interested by your mention of Latvia, and a place in Riga, you say you looked it up, do you think you might be able to give me the website details or more information? Many thanks, Sam (amies)

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hi Sam,
Ive done a google search and the web site is http://embrions.bilteks.com/ i think egg donation is 3500 EU.
I'm looking into Altravita in Moscow and IRM in Kiev they both look great.
I'm compiling a list of clinics in eastern europe i'll let you know my findings
Rosalind

This post contains an unconfirmed link/information and readers are reminded that FertilityFriends.co.UK or its owners are not responsible for the content of external internet sites

·
Registered
82 Posts
Dear Rosalind,
thanks so much for that, I am mainly keen on this part of Europe as I am very pale and blonde and think we will probably get a better match over there, but of course any miracle would be welcome, looking forward to any further info you get, love Sam

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sorry Sam i don't check out messages every day, so it's taken this long for me to reply.
What's your story?
I'm 34 my hubby is 32 and we have been trying for 5 years.
We've have 2 IUI, 1 IVF where they found that the sperm didn't fertilise any eggs
and 2 ICSI. We managed to get 2 embryos both times and had them put back, but i didn't get pregnant either time. I have a high FSH so it takes alot of Menopure to get me going!!!!!
It takes us a long time to save up for ICSI so thats one of the reasons why we are looking at Eastern Europe.
Let me know if you find anything out

·
Registered
255 Posts
I was trawling through these boards today... I have finally decided to look abroad.

Thank you for posting your findings as i was having trouble trying to find anywhere other than Spain...

Donor Egg clinics seem to be pretty sparce everywhere & it's really nice to know that we're not alone.

I'd like to keep in touch if i may.

Best wishes

Jan xxxxxxx

·
Registered
1,012 Posts
Rosalind said:
Hi,
Sorry don't know anything about Lithuania, but i'm going to be looking all over Europe, at success rates, cost etc. I'll post my findings. It might take me a while.
Rosalind ^eyes^
Dear Rosalind or other members, Did you ever post your findings? I am looking for northern or Eastern Europe clinics rather then the southern ones for donors because of my background. Also costs, and availability as I am AB neg. blood. I realize this is an older link so I hope anyone that reads it that has lots of info would kindly reply. Thanks so mmuch.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi, I notieced your old posting. Would you have the contact details for any clinics in Latvia, did you ever go?I am thinking of exploring this avenue and am trying to gather information. Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Hi Richmar,
Just thought i'd let you know that i have a latvian friend & she has had gynae tx in a clinic in riga,latvia-they are called egv & also do ivf & de ivf-could be worth a look as she says they give very good care & english speaking embryologist & consultant.web address is egv.lv,hope this helps.

Best wishes Becca x

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Sorry i haven't checked in recently. Just getting exhausted with thinking about where to go for our next lot of treatment.
We have got it down to either ARGC in London, CERAM in Spain or Altra Vita in Moscow.
Still saving up. Haven't enquired any more about Latvia sorry.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.