Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WE ARE ABOUT TO START OUR FIST CYCLE OF ICSI AND MY HUSBAND HAS BEEN TOLD IT IS SAFE TO CONTINUE TAKING METHOTREXATE FOR HIS ARTHRITIS. WE ARE UNSURE AS WE WERE TOLD NOT TO CONCEIVE WHEN TAKING METHOTREXATE AS IT CAUSES ABNORMAL SPERM.

·
Premium Member
1,509 Posts
Hiya

with icsi they select out the good swimmers to inject back into the egg so please try not to worry so much

its probably why you were adviced to have icsi rather than ivf where they just mix the egg with some sperm and cross their fingers that the egg gets fertilised

best of luck

Love Mini xx

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hi Michelle,

My DP too has Arthritis and is on Methotrexate. I strongly advise that you speak again to your doctor about this.You did not say who said it was okay to conceive while taking conceive.I am concerned that you have been misinformed.

We are undergoing treatment using frozen sperm, which we were advised to bank prior to dp starting on the Meth.

Don't worry though you can conceive once your husband has had a 6 months break from the drug.

You should ask you rheumatologyst about this, we were given leaflets that explained all the side affects etc...

Best wishes

Kelly

1 - 3 of 3 Posts