Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi...
this is the first time for me to post a message- just got my negative HCG report and am feeling horrible....don't know how to go on.....had many cycles of clomid, after which we did IUI and finally had two cycles of ICSI (the first cycle we had half IVF and half ICSI...only the ICSI eggs fertilized). This time we were hopeful, since we had all eggs ICSI and the quality seemed to be better too....however they had problems with the ET and had to do it transabdominal instead of transvaginally (appararently my uterus was very anteverted and anteflexed)...now my doc was kind of discouraging and said that even if we try again and have good embryos (she even suggested egg donor), there will be a problem with the ET.......should I call it quits???? Will I never be able to conceive? I could cry the whole time....am a doctor myself and work in peds and see children every day hoping I could have one of my own....
my hubby is 31 and I am 33- he's fine, I have high FSH and mild PCO.....
thanx anyways

·
Registered
282 Posts
I am so sorry to hear your news. this is such a lottery and so cruel and if you work with kids daily, I can imagine the emptiness that you will feel.

I am a bit puzzled abt the doc suggesting that the difficulties in ET being a problem. Where did you have your tx if you dont mind me asking?

I too have uterus issues...ie. mine is anteverted and has a kink in the middle so ET is v.difficult. I am in ARGC and inspite ET not being easy to say the last....I did get a +ive last year which sadly ended in m/c.

a million hugs
Fiffi

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Dear Fiffi,
I can imagine how painful it must be to lose the most precious thing after a +ve testing.....must have been extremely difficult.
I am in N. Delhi at the moment and am going to a very advanced centre at one of the biggest private hospitals here...my consultant is supposed to be good and I felt under good care, but now after the discouraging comments and sudden issues of uterine complications, I will definitely take a 2nd opinion. I lived in Germany for 30 years and that's where my family also lives, so I will see what they will advise there.
Today the junior consultant started also talking about the increased risk of malignancy after all the stimulation treatment and I now am totally confused. First the encouragement and then giving up so quickly.... how many times is advised maximum in the UK? Here I got 4 embies transferred (grade 1)- dh and I were very hopeful, thinking that at least one would be strong enough to make it..but I guess we are not lucky.
Can the anteversion and kink be corrected? Did you have to get a hysteroscopy done? I am so confused now whether it is the egg quality, the ET problem or uterine lining... or a combination of all....I somehow have a feeling the consultant cant say exactly....must be difficult to pinpoint the problem.
Was at work today and found out the other two ladies getting treatment at the same time tested +ve...wish I could have joined them in the celebrations...
a big hug across the ocean and wish you sooooooo much luck!
ur yamoi

·
Registered
282 Posts
Actually I think here in the UK its up to you how many times you go for IVF. I mean if there is no other issues involved....in our case, its unexplained infertility and since I did get a +ive ..I guess its just up to us to try how many times although emotionally (and financially) its a very draining process.

We can only transfer 2 embies here so I dont know whether that has any thing to do with the success rates. I know ppl who have had only 1 embie and still went on to get pregnant.

I had a hysterescopy done but the doctors didnt suggest any corrective procedures for my uterus. Although ET is difficult I dont think that the dcotors here think that its going to hinder my chances of getting pregnant.

Which drugs were you given? Were you tested for any immunity issues? if you'd rather reply privately please IM me ok.. Here at the clinic I am, we go through a rigorous testing procedure.

hugs
Fiffi

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dear Fiffi,
Just a quick hello, before I crash to bed-came home late today, but shall get back to you with the details!
lol and a good night hug,
yamoi

·
Registered
240 Posts
Hi, I also had problems due to a retroverted uterus but at Liverpool they put me under general anaesthetic and it was ok-said they will dilate cervix next time? got bfn today so not happy, best of luck.
Susy

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dear Fifi,
It's been seven or more years since we last messaged and I had stopped logging on, since I just fell deeper and deeper into the IVF vicious circle and at the end got quite depressed...it's been a long journey and I dont know why I logged on today- perhaps wanted to share my status update: Adopted the cutest daughter, who now is almost 3 and a half years and has changed our lives totally! I turned 40 this year and decided to give it one last shot with IVF- this time not for me, but for my daughter to have a sibling...guess what: got my first BFP in ten years two days back.
Don't know if you will ever check this thread again, but just in case: thanks for your support and kind words!!!!

Have a wonderful life ahead- we are enjoying every moment of it  :-*

1 - 7 of 7 Posts