Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Peter,

My dh has a count of less than 1 million per ml and poor motility / morphology. Our first ICSI attempt failed to implant despite having 11 top grade embryos, 2 of which were tx as extended blastos on day 5.

I have read since that poor sperm quality can stop implantation occuring, and am now wondering if we will ever be lucky considering the severity of his problem.

I have had 2 successful pg in my previous marriage and no identified fertility issues.

What is your opinion?

Many thanks.

Trish

·
Registered
856 Posts
Trishs1970 said:
DNA fragmentation studies on the sperm may provide some useful information as well as aneuplody screening on the embryos. Most major clinics can offer these as we do in Canada.

Regards,

Peter
Hi Peter,

My dh has a count of less than 1 million per ml and poor motility / morphology. Our first ICSI attempt failed to implant despite having 11 top grade embryos, 2 of which were tx as extended blastos on day 5.

I have read since that poor sperm quality can stop implantation occuring, and am now wondering if we will ever be lucky considering the severity of his problem.

I have had 2 successful pg in my previous marriage and no identified fertility issues.

What is your opinion?

Many thanks.

Trish

1 - 2 of 2 Posts