Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

I wonder if anyone could possibly help.  My husband and I were put on the waiting list for ICSI in March last year so were not expected to be contacted etc till around March 09.

I have a few social things in March 09 (weddings, holidays) so my friends suggested I contact Ninewells to see where our place was on the list.

I was e-mailed to say "We hope to start in July/August and will send further details some time in June".  Although this is fab news it is much earlier than expected and somewhat of a surprise.  If we were to go back to Ninewells in July/August what would be the procedure etc in terms of taking drugs, egg transfers etc.  The reason I ask is that I have a holiday booked for the first 2 weeks in September do you think this would clash with my treatment at all,

Any info would be great, thanks a lot

Nicola

·
Registered
172 Posts
Hi Nicola,

I have just finished tx at ninewells and it is abit of a long process... You will start it on ur July/Aug period u might be told to start ur spray on day 1 of ur period or on day 21.. then they will scan u 1 week later to see if it has shut down ur body to overulate sometimes people take longer then a week but if it works u will be put on stimming injections which will make u overulate. You do this for a week then scan again and they will check to see if ur folicals have grown to a certain mm. If they have they will give you 1 more injection to take and get you in for egg collection in about 3 days after. They will check the egg and then use partners sperm to do icsi and let them grow into a 4 cell or mayb bigger this takes a day but could be longer. if they get alot of eggs they will ask u if u want them frozen. but they cant be no bigger then a 4 cell.... then they will do a egg transfer on u and u MUST rest for a week or 2. no liftting no hoovering no nothing. this is ur 2ww where they ill give u a date to test to see if u are pg!!!
I hope this is some help to u i only had 2 eggs put in at 4cell stage and m 4w 3days pg......
good luck and take care. ^hugme^

1 - 2 of 2 Posts