Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi mums and mums to be

Just a question from a paranoid preggy lady!.......

I had my 20 week scan this week and the baby is big for my dates.  It was a frozen cycle and i had 2 embryos transfered 16 days after a bleed ( so fertilised on day 14 really) and the head and tummy are measuring between 21 and 22 weeks at 20+1 days.  The baby was bigger than dates when i had an emergency scan at 17 wks as well so i dont think it is a growth spurt. 

Anyway just wondering if anyone has had a similar thing? 

I was told it is nothing to worry about and the baby is healthy but hey........ got to worry about something!

Any views or similar stories welcome!  :)  Thanks girls.

Clare
xx ^reiki^

·
Premium Member
4,658 Posts
Hiya,

My bubs was measuring 6 days big for dates at 13 week scan and they changed my dates and when i had my 21 week scan bubs was measuring a further 6 days larger but they left my dates this time.  I just think bubs is little bigger and don't think its anything to worry about. Enjoy the rest of your pg.

Love Mish x

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh thanks mish - its nice to just have a bit reassurance.  I was told that small was more of a worry but big is ok but you know what its like!  I did wonder if they would change my dates but they didnt but i think i might pack my bag a bit earlier just in case!

Good luck for your big day - so close now!  Hope it all goes smoothly for you.

Thanks mish

Clare
xx ^reiki^

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi Clare

I had a midwife appt yesterday and I am measuring 34 weeks (am now 32 wks).  I have a growth scan booked for 36 wks to check the size again to make sure the baby will fit in the pelvic area.  It is definitely a sign of a healthy baby so try not to worry!

Can't believe you are already 20 wks, the time has flown by!

Lou xx

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow Lulu - i cant believe you are 32 weeks!

It has gone quite quickly for me actually but it still feels like ages until we meet our little boy!  I cant believe it when i say that!  I am so glad we found out it makes it feel more real to us knowing what sex the baby is.

I was just looking at your 4d scan - had to get dh to work it out for me!  I think they are like the magic eye pictures - once you get it then its obvious!  They are so good though we have booked in for one in october.

All the best lulu, thanks for replying and good luck for the rest of your pregnancy - bet you cant wait to meet your little girl.  :)

Clare
xx ^reiki^

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
Hi there Claire,

Congratulations on your little boy and glad that everythings going well.

I really wouldn't worry too much about being too big. Children are all different sizes and don't grow at the same rate when they've been born so why should they in the womb? It just means that you're at the top of the bell curve.

lol

Edna

·
Premium Member
902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for your reply edna - it does make sense that some babies are bigger than other as we are not all the same.  My mind goes into overdrive though! 

Thanks though as i am now officially looking for something else to worry about as my mind is at rest over this!  ^idiot^ ;D

I have given you all a bubble for coming to my rescue!

Clare
xx ^reiki^

·
Registered
251 Posts
Hi Clare

Yes the time does fly!

My 4D scan piccie isn't that clear to be honest as she was sleeping.  The DVD we have is excellent and something I watch over and over again!

I hope you enjoy your scan in October as much as we enjoyed ours.  It really does bring it all to reality and it's so exciting to see the features on your baby's face!

Now all you have to do is think of boys names!!

Love Lou xx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.