·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone

just need a bit of inspiration.
On day 6 of stimms for ICSI no. 4.
I have high FSH (12.4) and I am 36.
Is there anyone out there that has/knows of anyone who has had a BFP with these sort of stats. My consultant makes me feel like a prehistoric creature trying to get pg. I just need a little bit of hope.

Thanks all.

Lisa x

·
Registered
462 Posts
Hi Lisa

Sorry, can't really help on the stats but I wanted to send you a big ^hugme^ and tell you everything will be ok- you are still young in the whole ART game and try and stay really positive (hey, remember that 67yr old in Romania or wherever who had a baby last year?? Well she's old enough to be your Grandma!)
I will keep my fingers crossed for you
Love Catx

·
Registered
240 Posts
Lisa its not just FSH but age and you are younger than alot of us on here, me included.
My FSH has been 10.3,10.4, it mainly means you need higher doses of stimms but you only need to get one quality egg that fertilises.
I feel in a similar position and was on 525iu (7 amps) this time!
Good luck
Susy.

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
Lisa,

Just to add my twopennyworth. Theres another 67 year old pregnant now (at least as reported by BBC News Online).

I'm also 36 so if you're over the hill welcome to the club. I still think there is some time.

Best of luck.

Edna 

·
Registered
186 Posts
Hello, just lurking .....

the latest 67 year old had a phantom pregnancy apparently!  Just read about it. But anyway I know lots of poeole in their late thirties who have had babies recently. Only takes one egg as Susie said. My FSH is apparently borderline - not sure what the number is though.

Lisa I replied mainly because I am also going through ICSI number four - on day 9 of stimms....what has been your experience so far?  We have had poor quality embryos every time (grade 3/4, 50% or less fertilisation rate, no frosties) and as far as know, no implantation.  For this cycle we are doing embryo screening before transfer to see if there are chromosone abnormalities in the embryos (or any healthy ones).  Unless something significant happens this time round we're going to move to donor sperm next.

Have you had a scan to see how they are growing?
Good luck!

K

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.