Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

ICSI - day 9 bloods and scan

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  VickiB 
#1 ·
Hi All

Can anyone help me. I am having ICSI cycle no 1and am very new to all this. I need some advice.

I am currently on day 9 taking 200 units of puregon using pen. My scan results were not very promising only see 4 follies big enough to measure which were considred small for day 9 and there is a possibility of my cycle being cancelled. when the clinic phoned with my blood results they were E2 766 and LH 0.5 the clinic have advised me to stay on same dose and go back on day 12, as they felt my blood results were fine.

Has anyone had this before? Is it possible to have a few follies at 9 day and then have more on day 12? I started on a very low dose of 150units of puregon for first 5 days.

Sorry If my thread does not make much sense my head is swimming.

ANY ADVICE MUCH APPRECIATED.

Vicki XX ??? :-[ :-\

#2 ·
Hi Vicki

It can be perfectly normal to only have a few follies then produce more, if your clinic are keeping an eye on your blood results that is brilliant and will know what they are doing, they may up your dose of stims nearer your EC.

I was a slow responder to start off with and then went on to harvest and whole lot of eggies.

Good luck

Mel

x x

#3 ·
Hi Mel

Thanks for advice. I am back at the clinic on Friday for my day 12 bloods and scan, do you think it would be worth while going before day 12 to keep a closer eye on my levels.

Are my blood levels OK for 9 day.

Sorry to be a pain.

Thanks Vicki

#4 ·
HI Vicki

To be honest with you not being fertility trained i am not sure what the blood levels should be at this statge and from my own tx i dont remember what they were.

Your clinic would have had you back sooner if they thought they needed to keep a closer eye on you, if you are overly concerned phone your clinic and ask them i am sure they wont mind.

Mel

#5 ·
Hi Vicki,

No formal medical qualifications so can't offer advice but here is some comparable info from my last cycle:

day 8 E2 800, 5 small follicles seen 8 - 12 mm
day 10 E2 2000 1 large (17mm) follicle, 2 smaller
(14 mm) + 3 < 10 mm.
day 14 E2 5000, 1 large(22mm), 2 medium (14 mm) &
2 small (10 mm).
I finally had ec on day 17 (I was scanned daily on day 13/14/15).

I was told these were results were OK for me because I am a resistant responder, despite low FSH (4 - 7) for my age (37), I have barely reponded to a mamouth 450 iu (6 ampoules!) daily of merional.
In the end the biggie may have been past it but two of the smaller ones obviously caught up because I was told the 4 eggs collected were all mature enough for ICSI. Sadly only one made it to et and I'm currently in my 3rd nightmnare 2ww.

On my first go I started on 225 iu menopur and when very few small follicles were seen on day 8 I was advised that my cycle may be cancelled dose but I asked if there was a chance of a result if the stimulating hormone was increased, they said it was a possibility and I was upped to 375 iu and I ended up with 5 eggs from 4 large follicles.

So from my experience, yes what is available at EC is often not obvious from day 8/9 first scan. After 3 attempts, I have accepted I will never produce 10-20 eggs but after all - you only need one!!

If there's one thing I've learn't from this site - the variation in responses from women, even with similar FSH levels, is incredible so don't pay too much attention to my stuff it's just for info. Having read loads of posts during my first cycle I was a bit paranoid that I hadn't produced bucket loads of eggs. The professionals I have spoken to have said my responses were normal/a bit low and comparing myself to many on this site I would agree.

One important thing I have learnt is write down questions and ask as many indepth questions as you want. When you don't ask, in my experinece you get very little information and certainly no technical explantions. I got the feeling I was viewed as a dippy housewife (no slu intended to housewives - just dippy ones- sorry!)rather than the professional I am in my own right!

Anyway, Good Luck for Friday and excuse the waffle.

Mipps

#6 ·
Dear Mipps

Thank you so much for info. I know what you mean about little info given, even at a push the docotors tell me little.

Good luck on the 2ww.

Vicki B X

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.