Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
evening ladies hope ur all having a nice wk end.

I got a quick question, was wondering if anyone is taking -
gonal f pen 300iu
and
gonal f penn 900iu for stimming?

i have been given both these ones and was wondering if anyone else is on the same or has taken these? its just that i've read that alot of women are on lower doses than me and i dont want to over stimmulate :eek:
thanks for any replies i get bk

Louise xxx :)

Registered
Hello there!

I was on Gonal F for my recent stimmi and was on a dose of 450IU, which meant that the pen I needed to use was a 900IU (allowing for 2 doses per pen).

I'm a bit confused as to why you have been given two pens? I'm wondering what your actual dose is going to be? I think from your post you are implying it is 300IU? Some clinics give you enough pens to last you through your whole stimmi session, but others will give you enough to last until your next blood test/ultrasound and then provide more as and when you need it.

To give you an idea, I started my first cycle on 200IU of the Puregon pen. I responded quite poorly and only produced 4 eggs, so for this second attempt, they wanted to increase the dose to see if it made a difference. They weren't worried about me overstimulating as I have a natural low reserve anyway. They switched me to Gonal F as the pen comes in larger volumes of the drug, making it possible to administer in one shot.

The increase did work, as I managed to produce 6 eggs. Remember though, it is quality rather than quantity. First time round, only 1 egg fertilised, whereas this time 4 did.

I am sure that your clinic will have tailored your dose to suit your body and how it is likely to respond, based on your medical history and personal circumstances. You should be monitored regularly through the stimmi anyway, so if you do show signs of over stimulating, they may lower it if they feel the need to.

Hope this helps and good luck!!

Lennypops xxx

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hi thanks for ur reply that did make alot of sence to me i must be on 300iu then cos got 1 penn of that and 2 penns of 900iso i would get 3 doses out of 1 penn. But when i go to the clinic im sure they will explain thanks anyway xxx

1 - 3 of 3 Posts