Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone wonder if anyone can help me, i had all my drugs delievered and was just wondering if buserelin has to be stored in the fridge?? :-\
i start my injections next thursday and im a bit nervous now ha
also does anyone no where i can get the ivf companion relaxing cd from please?
thanks for ur help in advance and good luck to everyone ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
^fairydust^
Louise xxxx

Premium Member
I didn't use buserelin, i used puregon, but yes it had to be stored in the fridge.聽 Probably best to hun!

Registered
Hi Louise

I got my drugs on Tuesday聽 :) and as far as I'm aware the only one for the fridge is Pregnyl.聽

Good luck with tx.聽 Have you joined the cycle buddies thread for June/July?聽 They'll be lots of others going through tx at exactly the same as you.聽 I started DR today and felt much better once that first injection (which was easy and didn't hurt at all) was out of the way!聽 ;)

Lully x

Registered
Hi Louise,
I used Buserelin during both my cycles of ICSI. I was told by my clinic to always store it in the fridge. A little tip that I was given as well by the clinic was to get the Buserelin out of the fridge about 30 minutes before you use it then it won't sting when you inject. I stored all my meds in the fridge.
Hope this helps.
Sarah xx

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for ur replies i have put it in fridge now as on box says store between +2 and +25 oc so im guessing that means in fridge bit confused ^idiot^ oh well ha
Louise xxx

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
thanks sarah thats great its put my mind at ease was getting bit stressed and worried about wot to do as some people say dont store in fridge. im not looking forward to the injections i hate needles although my dh is going to inject me. also not looking forward to the pessaries stillnsure wot they actually do ???
Louise xxx

Registered
Hi Louise,
The needles really don't hurt. I was terrified before I had my first one but you soon get the hang of it. If for some reason they do hurt a bit then try the opposite side of your tummy. My right side was best as I always seemed to get a small bruise if I did them on my left side. It was the same for me with the stimms as well, my right leg was best. My DH injected me as I was too chicken!!
If you pinch the skin around where you're going to inject quite tightly it shouldn't hurt. Get DH to put the needle up to your skin and then when you are ready get him to GENTLY slide the needle in. Let go of your pinched skin at this point. When you are ready again get DH to gently push the plunger in. I found the slower the better. A big tip is to put your finger next to the entry point on your skin when the injection is done BEFORE he takes the needle out. If you push down a little bit as he's taking the needle out it's so much better as it won't drag your skin. Press your finger on the entry site for a few moments and that's it done. Honestly you'll wonder why you were so nervous after a couple of injections.
The pessaries (progesterone) are nothing. They are used to keep your womb really ripe (clinic put it that way!!) When I had a look on wikipedia they are really clever things. They help support early pregnancy and can reduce the chance of early miscarriage. Have a look, it's quite interesting.
Anything else you want to know, just ask.
Good luck with your treatment and hoping you get a BFP
Sarah xx

Registered
Ooh well I never knew that.聽 ^idiot^聽 They just told me to put the other one in the fridge, the Pregnyl.聽 I guess it depends on how warm your house is.聽 I may put it in the fridge just in case!

Thanks for the info!聽 :)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
sarah thanks for all ur advice u've made things seem alot easier for me and im not to stressed now. I'm injecting buserelin in my legs tho. I feel alot more at ease tho now i've spoken to u so a big thanks :)

Lully
not to worry i didn't have a clue about them cos i wasen't told wot to do with them so just wanted to check wot others did, i get bit stressed over things quickly and worry to much.

Louise xxxx

1 - 9 of 9 Posts