Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi we had our et today with icsi and the embryologist suggested we try assisted hatching after a failed icsi cycle last year. As the embryos were perfect 8 cell like last time he couldn't see a reason it failed so sugested we try the assisted hatching which he was very positive about but when we mentioned this to the nurse after transfer she prescribed 17 days of steroids which the embrioligist hadn't mentioned.
Is this normal with assisted hatching.
All in all we had 10 eggs 8 embryos and on day 3, 2 were 8 cell which were used and 1 10 cell 1 9 cell which were frozen were both in our late 20s and problem is a low sperm count.
Any help appreciated as this is really nerve racking this time.
cheers.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
Hi Gato,

First of all, welcome to FF.

I`m sorry I don`t know too much about assisted hatching and steroids but I didn`t want to read and run. I just want to say congratulations on being PUPO (Pregnant Until Proven Otherwise)!! ;D .

I`ve read on this site that steroids can help with implantation. Try using the search option on top of the page and if you do a search for assisted hatching and/or steroids I`m sure you`ll find lots of information and people who can help you more about this.

I`m sending you some bubbles to help you get that most wanted BFP!!

^goodluck^

Roses

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your reply, have searched and found some people had 2 days of steroids. We'll ring the hospital on monday to check all is correct.
Chers for the bubbles were in a freaky dream state at the moment two weeks of this will be really hard but hopefully worth it. Feeling positive for now. Goodluck to you too! :) ;). hub

·
Registered
338 Posts
Hi Gato,
I also don't know much about assisted hatching but I would trust what the clinic are telling you to do, it's more than their jobs worth to get any part of your treatment wrong. It might be worth ringing the clinic to double check, if nothing else it will put your minds at rest(ish!)
I've had 2 goes at ICSI and have just got my 1st BFP (big fat positive) so it can and does work for many many people. Our problem is also low sperm count. Miracles DO happen  ^hugme^
Try to be strong and positive during your 2ww. It is hard but the time will hopefully pass quickly.  Keeping my fingers crossed that you'll get your BFP at the end of it.
Good luck with your journey. Any questions just ask, if I can help I will.
Sending some more bubbles your way
Sarah xx

1 - 4 of 4 Posts