Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm new to this site. Just want to say that me and my dh began our first ICSI cycle last month. We have been ttc for 3 years. The clinic informed us that my dh has low sperm count however it was normal when we did ICSI. They tried IVF with 3 of my eggs but unfortunately none of them fertilised. Clinic said this was probably why we hadn't achieved a pregnancy naturally.

It has been a long month as we didn't know what to expect. Found out today that it hadn't worked and felt really depressed, but I must try and stay focussed for 2004.

I think its harder at the moment as Xmas is nearly upon us and this is all I can think about.

Hopefully we can start our 2nd ICSI soon.

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi Zoe and dh - sorry to hear of your failed Icsi tx - its tough any time to fail esp round christmas time - just wANTED TO WISH YOU BOTH A PEACEFUL CHRISTMAS even tho you probably dont feel too cheery Try and give yourself a decent break too before you rush in for more tx
love and hugs Sarah xx ;)

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks. It's nice to know that I have support on here.

My friends and family are trying to support me but they don't know what I am going through and thats the support I need.

Hope you have a good christmas too.

Zoe

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi Zoe - we have just had a negative from our first IVF attempt. It is devastating. We have to get on with life as best as we can. i have bad days then im ok, it comes in fits and starts. Makes it worse that it is christmas. I would quite happily sit in the house on my own on christmas day to be honest.

We will be trying again probably around March time.

Will you be trying again?

Tay xx

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Tay,

Yes I will be trying again - probably be March.

I have an apptment with the clinic on 14th Jan so they will advise when I will be starting the next ICSI.

Hopefully, we will both be going through our 2nd go together. As soon as I know I will inform you of the date.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck. But it is comforting that I am not the only one feeling down. Cant wait for Xmas to be over.

Best wishes

Zoe A

·
Registered
40 Posts
Hi - i know christmas will soon be over for us both.

Keep your chin up and you are certainly not on your own. I feel very isolated (by my own making to be fair) i dont really want to see anyone.

We go back to the clinic on 10th February and will be starting soon after that. Will let you know.

Which clinic are you at?

Tay xx

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I am at Northampton.

·
Premium Member
499 Posts
Hi,

I will also be going through my second ICSI in March (ttc 3+ years). Dh and I were very upset with the first negative, but not devastated as we read so much on IVF that we weren't expecting our first try to work, so we were well prepared. Now we are both excited about trying again - Hopefully this year will be a positive 2004 for all of us.

Good luck.

Crystal

·
Registered
303 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hi Crystal,

It's nice to hear from you. Sorry to hear about your negative result.

Why don't you come and join us in the cycle buddies column. We have started a group called Magic March Mates 2004. We would love you to join.

Zoe

1 - 9 of 9 Posts