Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ICSI In-Betweenies

This thread is for the ICSI girls and guys who are currently inbetween treatment or taking a break from treatment. There are no set rules for this thread but talk about active treatment should be posted on the appropriate thread on the main ICSI board. Happy Chatting!

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Cool..but can i be included? We ended up having ivf in the end after thinking we would need icsi, although we have been told we may need icsi for the next tx?? Never seem to be able to find my right board???

·
Premium Member
524 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes of course Sicknote, it's a place to keep in touch and maintain friendships when between treatment/on a break, without having to discuss treatment as this can be as hard as babytalk sometimes.

·
Registered
440 Posts
Morning All,

Mookie this is a great idea and I'm sure will get a busy thread.

I'm kinda an in-between as even though we have been having various treatments on DH since June last year we have never come onto actual treatment for the both of us which is something I am hoping our guy in New York can sort out.

The thing is even after going to New York in May we then have to wait until Sept/Oct for actual treatment so I will still feel in limbo until then.

Lol

Fin

·
Registered
688 Posts
But it was you that was pro-active and set it up...thanks Mookie!

Its nice to have a place where we can chat but not have to think about tx, or feel left behind.

Hi Sicknote! Hi Fin!  ^wave^
and welcome anyone else...Nat? Vic? Caroline?  ^reiki^

I can't believe how hard it is snowing here in Sussex, its the first proper stuff weve had and is even settling on the pavement!  :)

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
ermey.. I AM CROSSS :mad: :mad: :mad:. I want some of your lovely snow..please stop hogging it all ;D ;D. Hopefully we'll get some here later.
Am feeling a little relieved at finding a new home to settle in. I find giving others tx advice, when i know i wont be having any for several months was starting to get me down, so i had stopped doing personal posts.
I think it's hard to get over our disappointments and then even harder to get over everyone elses disappointmnets when the friends on your thread have negative tx's too.

So as we can't talk about the tx what should we talk about??

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Hi Girls,

This thread is a great idea, as I still want to know how everyone is but I just couldn't keep up with commenting on everyone's tx!  As far as tx goes I'm definitely no longer an ICSI Chick - I'm a DIUI girl now - but it was on MF ICSI thread that I made friends with so many of you.  ^gossip^

Just to give you a me update, it's less than 4 weeks til the wedding and I'm nervous - mainly as my parents have persuaded me I should make a speech!  ^scared^ I also planned to have facials, pedicures etc on a regular basis, oh and drink lots of water, but have I done any of this?  No!  I am also trying to lose weight - I haven't done a ticker as it's just me wanting to look my best (aiming for 8st12).  It's taken my mind off IF, anyway.

Talking of weight loss, well done Fin!  ^scales^ Not too long until NY now; one of my favourite cities.  I'm sure you'll absolutely love it.

Got to dash now (DD has to read Anne Frank's diary to me as she's doing her English talk on her next week) but lots of love to everyone
Caroline xxx

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Hey Caroline.. bet you're nervous about the wedding!!
We had Steves dad make a speech at the wedding as steves really close to him, but at least the stress was off of me..I just had to concentrate on breathing in..my dress fitted like i glove when i was stood up, buti had a basque type top to my dress that felt like it was going to eXplode when i sat down....
The best advice i can offer any bride from my own experince is get one of those powder books from boots, or body shop, the ones that are like leaves dusted with powder foundation, because after having to kiss over 300 people my face and make up was well and truely greasy.. these sheets are handy in that you can use them to soak up all of the tears, sweat and grease!!!
Fin congrats on the weight loss. wish i could loose some
oh and Ermey thanks for sending me a dusting..we now have snow..only a bit but at least we have some..

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi all - Mookie this is a great idea...thanks for setting up this thread.

Only a quickie as I have promised dh an early night  ^evil^

Caroline - just wanted to say that I did a speech at our wedding & I am so glad I did it. There was just some things I needed to say & everyone commented on how lovely it was to hear the bride stand up & talk. So let me know if you need any tips hun..by the way I was pooing my pants too  ^eyes^

Some snow here too but not enough to stop me going to work tomorrow  :'(

Love to all the Icsi in betweenies

Vic xxx

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Thanks for your wedding advice, Ju and Vic!  :) I will definitely get some more of those little sheets of paper, I like them anyway as I get a shiny nose quite easily!  My favourites are the ones without powder, Johnsons used to make some blue ones which were kind of rubbery (ooh!) and were fantastic, but they've stopped doing them.

Any tips on speeches would be great, Vic - it's really good to hear that you made a speech and were glad you did.  I feel that, as a 'second time aroundy' I should be a grown up about it and not play the mute, blushing bride.  It's ridiculous that I'm nervous, being a teacher and all.. the only time I've made a speech before was at my dad's retirement do and everyone laughed like drains at every little joke, so I'm hoping the audience will be equally easily pleased!

I do remember seeing your wedding pic in the gallery, Ju - gorgeous!  Well I was intrigued after seeing 'See my internal pics in the gallery!!  Sounds graphic!!!  ;D ;D

Yikes, assembly, gotta run.  Love to everyone
Caroline xxx

·
Registered
440 Posts
Hi Caroline,

No long now, 4 weeks will fly by.

I also made a speech at our wedding.  It wasn't planned though as after the men had made their speeches I felt I just had to say something and got up.

The speech I gave came from my heart thanking DH family for accepting me into their fold and then thanking my family for everything as family are not something you can choose but I was lucky in that my family choose me (my mum met my dad when I was 3 and took me in as her own).  I had the whole room in tears and everyone said how wonderful and special the speech was.

What I am trying to say is just keep it from the heart and you will never go far wrong.

Lol

Fin

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Afternoon Girls,

How are we all doing? Great thread!!!

I didn't make a speech at my wedding but I think its nice for those that would like to do so. Talking of weddings, we have just had an opportunity to buy ALL our wedding pics on a disc for £250. There are 250 in total so although it has come at a bad time finacially, we just had to buy them. It means that we now have every pic taken by the photographer on the day. Maybe I'll post some on the gallery when we get broadband - just waiting our activation code!!!! (last phone bill was £185 - £155 of which was Internet calls - ouch - hence the broadband)

I also need your advice girls - I am thinking about having my hair lowlighted (before any more xxxxxxxxx - banned word). My hair is brown but I would like some lighter browns. Not blond (been there). I thought it would help with the cheering up process too. Have managed to finally pluck and dye my eyebrows and do my nails, so a hair cut and colour is next. I am just afraid as I had low lights many many years ago and hated them but my hair is long and straight and boring and needs some life.

Fin/Vic - you know what I look like - any tips?  ??? ??? ???

Hope everyone is okay and looking forward to the weekend.

Nat xxxxx

·
Registered
440 Posts
Hi Nat,

Great to hear from you.

For the record I though your hair was just lovely as it is but I know what you mean, a new look does do wonders for your mood and frame of mind.

You are about my coloring so the only thing I would say is whatever you do don't let them bleach your hair as every time I go for low lights the hairdressers try and persuade me to have bleach as my hair is dark and this ruins it.

Hope you have a good pampering session.  I am actually going to the Hilton in Cardiff for the day and nigh tin 2 weeks for my mates hen night.  We are having spa treatments which should be good.

Lol

Fin xxx

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hello

can I join you? I know one or two of you already from 2ww thread! Not having any more treatment now until June (or maybe July), so am firmly in the right place!

Nat, have had a radical haircut myself! Funny how a lot of people find that kind of thing helps.

Caz, good luck for the wedding. Would love to do my day over again. WIsh I had made a speech now...

Hope you are all well

Love

Ivy

·
Registered
688 Posts
Nat, Caroline and vic - great to see you on here! Especially you Caroline I was getting worried about you.  :-*

hi Ivy! Welcome on board.  :)

Nat, good luck with with the hair! I am booked in for a re-style tomorrow and I keep nearly cancelling it as I'm scared! I had my haircut only 2 weeks ago but didn't like the cut, the girl just did what she wanted and I came out like a blond version of Monica from Friends about 4 years ago, doesn't sound drastic I guess but I am not a girly girl and it just didn't look right on me. it has settled down but I am fed of trying to dry it in a way I like.  When i booked the appointment I planned to go for a short cut something between bob and short, but now am chickening out!!!!  I always find hairdressers so scary!

I'm waffling!

take care all

·
Registered
339 Posts
Hi all - I love this threas already..so girlie !! Nice to get away from tx talk !!

Caroline - I am with Fin on the speech. Talk from the heart. I kind of prepped what I wanted to say. I thanked my Mum & Dad for bringing me up to appreciate the values of marriage, my step son for teaching me how to skate board & playstation & how much I was looking forward to being his step mum officially. Thanked dh's parents for teaching him to cook cos I get the benefits  ;D, my grandad for making my wedding cake, the girls for a fab hen night, dh for making me the happiest girl in the world & then talked about my lovely Nanna who died only 9 months before our wedding day. That set me off  :'( so I had to stop there but it was all interjected with lots of humour & all my girlfriends thought I was so cool !! You will be nervous - bound to be on your wedding day & I reckon (although not speaking from my experience but dh's) that second time round doesn't make the nerves go away.

Nat - think an image makeover will do you the world of good although again am with Fin again - god girl are we clones  ;D - you look lovely already. Why not try some red ?
I just had my hair chopped  quite a bit & had some plum highlights put in with my blond...I am really pleased with it & the compliments don't have give you a boost.
Have you done those tootsies of yours yet ? :mad:

Ermey - I have only just managed to grow out my short hair & is now kind of just above my shoulders. Go for something choppy that you can dress down for day & funk up for night...I did that a few years ago & it was good fun. Don't chicken out now !

Right - have to go - back later xxx

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Nat- i had my head done as i have long dark hair like you, i had chiping, pointing and cutting in done to my hair which has given me a nice layered look, my hair s so thick that i need to have it done otherwise it gets too much for me.. I have three highlights done, one blondie, one darker, and one a kind of ginery colour. It makes me feel more womanly to have colours done. Last week i went to get my nails done as a cheer me up and ended up with a massage too..it was fab and dh says i deserve to spend a bit of cash on myself. I had a detoxing rub (to get rid of the extra hormones) and have bought myself a body brush and some cellulux detox oil (apparently the therapist told me that you can loose 1lb of waste products a week by doing body brushing..i had heard this before but thought it was just a myth)
So anyway i have had a lovely pamper and now aqm targeting my buff looking body into loosing some weight ready for the next ''you know what''.

Caroline..R U having a virtual hen night????

Ivy welcome on board

Ermey i used to have short hair..really short but got fed up with people making comments about my hair and i got fed up with it sticking up.. and all of the constant washing and styling.

Fin.have u been to the Hilton before..we stayed at the hilton in st helens and it was very average for how much we payed..hope your is better.

Vic hellowee to you too..

Wanted to ask..can anyone advise me about where to stay in Edinburgh at Easter.. we aqre looking to go somewhere cheap as chips as we are spending the weekend before in norwich with friends and then a few weeks after we're in Mexico... Ohhh won't ewven need to unpack my suitcase..
We are hoping to go to Edinburgh with dh's best mate , He hasnt had a holiday for ages and the boys want to play golf while i shop..
Do u think travel lodge is the best way to go??

TTFN
Luv Ju x

·
Registered
688 Posts
Hi girls!

yes lovely to talk about things other than ****  ;D

It is now snowing here hard and even settling on the road (v. unusual in Sussex!), looks very pretty but am definately having second thoughts about cutting all my hair off!!  ;D

Ju - last time I had v.short hair I too was amazed at how long it took to do in the morning..thought short hair was supposed to be easy!  Basically whatever haircut i have I am inacapable of styling it! 

X

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Hi Girls,

Hair taking time.. tell me about it!  I have long-ish wavy hair and I either straighten it or put velcro rollers in every day.  So I get up at 6.15!  If there is any moisture in the air I get curly hair and I have to go between two buildings several times a day at school so I am always hearing 'But it's not raining, Miss' as I put my umbrella up at the slightest hint of drizzle!  I'm not sure whether to go straight or curly for the (yawn, sorry you must be bored with me going on about it) wedding.  Long straight hair, Nat, you lucky thing - not boring at all.  If you're dark you can have wonderful colours put in, I would go for something warm.  Are you taking the plunge, Ermey?  :) I think short hair can look fantastic, though not on me, but when I've had mine shorter (like a bob - last time was when Sophie was a baby) I thought it would be easier but it wasn't as the ponytail option had gone!

But, still on the wedding, thanks so much, Vic and Fin, for telling me about your speeches.  I will get mine a bit more sorted and run it by you!  I think from the heart is right.  DF was saying last night, he has been writing his speech and wants to say something about having been through tough times and knowing we can get through anything, but most people would be sitting there thinking 'What tough times have THEY had?'  I said, imagine if I started my speech by saying 'It was a shock when we found DH had no sperm', how toe-curlingly awful would that be?!  ^tmi^

Hi Ivy, nice to meet you.  ^hello^

Virtual hen night - I don't know, what night is best for everyone?  I was thinking 22nd, about 8pm?  It would be fun if there were a few of us.

TGIF everyone, love Caroline xxx

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.