Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Ladies,  :)

On Saturday we got our NHS appointment through after months of waiting to hear if we had been accepted!!!!!! Yay!!!! :) :) I cant stop smiling!!!!!

This will be our 3rd attempt at ICSI, so this time I am feeling a little more aprehensive this time!  We had our first 2 cycles fail at a clinic that we were not happy with and are happy to have changed to the CRM.

I chatted a while back with some girls on here who were having treatment at the CRM and wondered if they were still about?? Our appointment is on the 3rd November and we are seeing someone called DR Chandra Kailasam. Im not sure if this is a lady or man tho?? We may have to change the appointment due to DH's work, and was really hoping we would get to see Dr Julian Jenkins and wondered if anyone knows if this could be at all possible? After 2 terrible ICSI's in the past we really want to see someone at the top who is going to be more of a help to us as to where our other cycles went wrong.
If it was a private cycle Im sure we could have requested to see him, but I am totally unsure ofhow it works as an NHS patient??? 

In the list of drugs what are Norethisterone tablets for?? Sorry for being stupid but on my previous cycles I have injected all the way through and never given tablets? This time I'll be sniffing Buserelin so will be like a different cycle for me this time.

Sorry for rambling on, but if there is anyone out there at the CRM that could help and chat to about things I would be really grateful xxxxxxxx

Thanks alot for having the time to read through my message and good luck to all you lovely ladies during your treatments xxxxxxxx
Lol
Sandi xxxxx :)

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Hello again,

Well the hospital in Bristol has telephoned and our appointment has been brought forward by 2 months!!!!!!  :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: OMG!!!
We now have our first appt on the 7th Sept with another doctor called Dr Pamela Lambert at 2pm!!!!!!

Anyone who is also having treatment there I would love to hear from you x

Lol
Sandi x :)

·
Registered
383 Posts
hey sandi

thought i'd say hello to you here!! :) :) :)

you got a date for dr's to start yet?

take care

jobie xx

·
Registered
237 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey Jobie,  ^Bubble Gum^

How are ya??? Fancy bumping into you here, lol!  ;)

No dates to begin d'regs yet, hopefully we should find out at the scan on the 7th. The consultant said she will look at my uturus and see if she think I should go for a HSG before starting treatment. ::)

Only a couple of weeks til you start now too!!!! Are you having a different cycle this time with different drugs?

Hope it all goes really well for you hun  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^xxxxxxxxx

Lol
Sandi xxxxxxxxxx
:)

·
Registered
125 Posts
Hi, just although this is a bit late, (I have only just noticed your post) I too had ICSI in CRM Bristol. Our third attempt after two miserable failures in a different clinic. It resulted in our twin daughters!!

I assume that as so much time has passed you are probably on your way now, but feel free to give me a shout if there is anything you want to know in the mean time.
By the way Dr Chandra is male & really quite nice. We met him a couple of times although our consultant was Dr Gordon.

By the way Bristol have their own website. If you search for repromed bristol, you should find it. I found it really useful while having TX & still have a look through now & again!

Good Luck!
Netty

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.