Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:)
Due to start ICSI soon and have heard that I will have tablets as well as injections for down reg. Has anyone else had tablets?
I thought it was a spray?

thanks
alimar

·
Premium Member
467 Posts
Hi Alimar

Sorry don't know about the tablets.  I had a one-off injection which i had never heard of before, i thought was only daily jab or nasal.  I was convinced it hadn't worked as had no side-effects, but i down-regged really well (I should have been grateful for lack of side effects)
I guess each clinic must have different ways of down-regging us girlies!!
I am currently on day 3 of stimms for ICSI and have scan on monday to see if o.k.
When do you start down reg??  Good luck with your ICSI.
^fairydust^
Love
Kelly
x

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
:) Hi Kelly
thanks for a quick reply!
We start ICSI in Dec, on my next cycle, day 19.
I have been having blood tests every month to check my fsh levels, as they are ranging between 8.1 and 13.3.. really worried.
DH had vasectomy reversal - unsuccessful and tesa so have frozen sperm ready and waiting.
good luck too. We were supposed to start in Oct, but DH was ill, and we couldn't start Nov due to the clinic closing down over Christmas, so at least it will be down reg over Christmas. Hope I don't get side effects!
thanks again
alimar x ^daisy^

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Hi Alima,

I've never heard of tablets for d/r. I thought it was either injections or a spray. Maybe you could try the Ask the Nurse thread. I'm down regging with daily injections, although wish I was like lucky Kelly with just one jab, particularly as my d/r has been extended to fit in with unexpected PESA for DH.

Unfortunately I do have side effects, although not too bad. Headaches, severe tiredness (can fall asleep anywhere, anytime!!) and my joints ache. If you do get the headaches, 4head is very good and is better than pumping more drugs into you.

Good luck!!

Natalie x

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
^daisy^
Hi Natalie
Thanks for the advice. I also haven't heard of tablets for down reg til now, but will soon find out - next month. I will also ask the nurse thread. thanks.
Good luck with your treatment and PESA.
My DH had TESA back in AUG and we have one straw of frozen sperm ready at the clinic.

Kelly, also good luck for your treatment.
thanks again
alimar xx

·
Premium Member
9,037 Posts
Ailmar -
Could it possibly be that the tablets you will be taking is the Pill?  I've heard quite a few women take the pill for a few weeks, then have a few weeks of injecting for d/r as well.
Hope this has helped solve your mystery!
Marie xx

·
Registered
247 Posts
Hi,

I agree with Marie. I am taking the pill and down regging so maybe that is what it is.

Hope it all goes well for you.

Love
dotty xx

^daisy^

·
Registered
1,804 Posts
Never thought of that!!!!!

Like Dotty, I too took the pill whilst d/r for the first month.

Nat x x x

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
:)
hi
yes that must be what it is then,... the pill. Wierd as I've didn't have that last time.

thanks again
alimar

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hi Alimar,

Sorry i haven't been on lately. I had serious Hyper stimulation and was admitted in the hospital. The embies stopped growing before the Saturday. So there was no ET. I wasn't too unhappy as I just wanted God to give me good health. I am now feeling well and I came back to work for the first time after two weeks just yesterday. I am not sure as of now if I will try again but I want to leave it for a while and just pray for a miracle from God on that aspect of our lives.

Girl, I am terribly sorry for your BFN but not to worry too much it is probably God trying to tell us to wait on him and to stop trying to help him. Anyway stay blessed and take care. I don't Know much about this site, which forum are you normally on, so that maybe we can chat sometime.  ^reiki^

Take care, God is at work.

Hugs
Twinsmum

1 - 10 of 10 Posts