Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Morning ladies

As you can see from my signature im currently waiting on ICSI - been on the waiting list 9 months and should be starting my treatment in 3 months time (if things go to plan).  Just wanted to know if i should be doing anything leading up to my treatment that can help with the success rate.  We only get one try on NHS, so im hoping it works first time.  Im taking folic acid and zinc and doing regular exercise.

Any other ideas that can help would be greatly appreciated?

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts
hi babydreams,

Sounds like you're already starting on the right track getting ready. There's a great thread at the top of this board that has advice on diet etc so it's worth a read. The main basics are drink lots of water - 2 litres a day by the time you're cycling - and eat/drink healthily. I found giving up caffeine, apart from one cup of proper tea a day, helped though it was tough at first. I also cut out alcohol although there are studies which say a little isn't too bad. Regular exercise is good as well.

Good luck with everything.

Cath x

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Cath

I'll pop over and have a look at that thread, so thank you. 

Lots of babydust  ^fairydust^

·
Registered
93 Posts
And don't forget about DH...he must be 'good' too!

·
Registered
114 Posts
hi there,

check out 'babybumps fertility protocal' type it into the search bar. I found it full of useful info. Be careful though, be sensible in what you pick up. I found this site when I was in the middle of treatment and found myself worrying that I should have prepared more. everyone says different things and has different advice, so just pick up what makes sense to you.

good luck  ^hugme^

·
Registered
819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Annairb

Thanks for this, i'll go have a look.  Thanks also for the great advice, sometimes this who situation can be overwhelming and some information contradicts the other - i suppose its what suits the individual best.

Sorry to read about your failed tx - sending you big  ^hugme^

1 - 6 of 6 Posts