Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. had 7 eggs collected yesterday, phoned for report today and 4 of the 7 were suitable for icsi but none of the 4 had fertilised, we are so upset, this was our 1st attempt at Icsi!!
XXXXX

·
Registered
1,802 Posts
Hi Kellyjayne,

Really sorry to hear your bad news. Have you had any feedback from the clinic about why they might not have fertilised?
Hope you're managing to stay positive for the future,
H x

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi H,
Have spoken to clinic and they said that it was my eggs that weren't mature enough!? We have an appointment to discuss on 2nd April, hopefully we can then plan to do ICSI #2!!!
Wishing you all the best for this ICSI  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^  ^reiki^
Luv Kelly xxxxx  ^hugme^

·
Premium Member
5,162 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi everyone
I am at my wits end at this precise moment!  It's our 5th and final attempt at ICSI and each time I had lots of eggs collected, last time was even 18 and had good fertilisation, ending with 2 blastocysts - but still ended with BFN.  This time I only had 9 eggs which yes, is still above average, but not good for me.  And only 2 fertilised this time.  I heard that yesterday and today it is 1pm and I've not heard a thing from the embryology team!  For all I know the 2 embryos I do have may have died or are looking low grade. Ive tried calling and it either rings on some numbers or voicemail on others.  This is the Lister hospital and I changed to them because I had a bad experience at ARGC (and prior to that was at Essex Fertility Centre).  Are there any good clinics?!  I am beginning to think there isnt.  ARGC was stressful, chaotic, impersonal and like being on a conveyor belt.  Lister was a much better experience - until now!  We pay them so much money, they should understand the stress we are going through and yet at each clinic I have felt I have been treated extremly badly.
We also opted to try PGS this time at the lister and I am sure they did my egg collection too early because they wont do egg collection on Weds or Thus if you are doing PGS so my collection was done on Tues even though they said ideally it should have been Thursday!  The whole fertility experience has honestly been the worst moments of my life and all I can say right now is thank god it's the end of it all, I cant cope with it anymore.  Yes, we are highly likely going to be childless forever (Im another one that is sick of people suggesting adoption) but we have to focus on the good things in life.  I have an amazing DH, beautiful house, lovely friends and family so I suppose I cant really grumble.
good luck to everyone else and hope noone has such bad experiences with clinics as me!
Best wishes.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Jadam

So sorry you've had such a bad time with your treatments  ^hugme^ . I don't think there is a perfect clinic though. Sometimes I think that the medical staff need to jump into our shoes for a day and see how important this is for us and feel the emotions we feel. Surely there's a reason they choose to work in this field?!

Try not to despair and stress yourself out too much - I know it's easy to say but those embies need a good home! A good dose of rubbish day time tv and the phone on re-dial prepared for the well deserved rant should help  ^bigbad^ .

Hang in there and lots of positive thoughts

^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

Lou

·
Registered
11 Posts
Thanks Lou.
I eventually got through to them at 4pm and all was fine but if they'd called me there would have been no need for me to panic in the first place!
Anyway, had 3 day embryo transfer with laser assisted hatching (because of my 4 failed icsi attempts) on Friday and I'm now in the waiting game............ ^pray^
Good luck to everyone!
xx

·
Registered
8,375 Posts
kellyjayne said:
Hi H,
Have spoken to clinic and they said that it was my eggs that weren't mature enough!? We have an appointment to discuss on 2nd April, hopefully we can then plan to do ICSI #2!!!
Wishing you all the best for this ICSI ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^
Luv Kelly xxxxx ^hugme^
Kelly, I am so sorry to read your news. But why did your clinic trigger you if your follies weren't ready? You must ask them this before proceeding with ICSI number 2.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Jadams said:
Thanks Lou.
I eventually got through to them at 4pm and all was fine but if they'd called me there would have been no need for me to panic in the first place!
Anyway, had 3 day embryo transfer with laser assisted hatching (because of my 4 failed icsi attempts) on Friday and I'm now in the waiting game............ ^pray^
Good luck to everyone!
xx
Hiya J good luck with your treatment hun, you said you had icsi with laser assisted hatching, what is this hun?
We had icsi inJan 08 it didnt work for us but just hoping our next attempt will be our lucky one..
Just woundering how was you going through your icsi treatment, i was totally fine with all the drugs hardly had any side effects but when i went in for my egg collection op i was awfull after i was in so much pain i could hardly move off the sofa, i rang the hospital but they said some women are ok some not{ trust me} my hubby said when i had egg removal the doc told the nurse to push down on my ovaries as they are high up apparentley, they only got 9 eggs and we shared so we only got 4 but only 2 made it but didnt implant for us i started to bleed on day 11 gutted, i just got the impression when i rang the hospital i shouldnt have been in this much pain but not sure? sam

1 - 9 of 9 Posts