Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had the transfer done this morning and managed to burst into tears beforehand. Despite being on a higher dosage they were only able to transfer one egg. I don't hold high hopes for my chances. My gyno mentioned that if this is unsuccessful he might look at a combination of hormone treatment ie puregon with another hormone drug. Apparently in a small percentage of cases some women don't respond as well with puregon. Has anyone else experienced this? I have noticed that a lot of women on this site have quite a few eggs retrieved whereas I have only ever had a few. I am feeling very down this time around. Also do you think there is any truth in bed rest for the 2ww. I am bored already and don't think I can last two weeks on the couch. Hoping you can offer some advise!! :-\

·
Registered
614 Posts
Hi,

Sorry to hear you're feeling down.

I, too, am not a brilliant responder.  On my 1st ICSI, I barely responded at all to Menopur at first (for 3 days), then I was put on gonal f (450iu - top dose) for 11 days, that was when I began to respond.  I ended up getting 4 eggs.  Does your clinic use these drugs?

Also what protocol are you on?  I was on the luteal phase (or long) protocol in September, but because of my response they will probably change me to the short protocol where you d/r and stimm at the same time.  The short protocol apparently gives a better response - which I will hopefully find out soon as I'm due to start next week.

Anyway, hopefully you will not need this information as you will test positive within 2 weeks!  ^reiki^

With the regards to bed rest during the 2ww, read the article on the home page for this website, that may help.  But personally, I'd still take it very easy, any excuse!  ;D

Do take care and I wish you all the very best of luck.
Moni xxx

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for your response. I am not sure of the other drugs they use at the clinique. I didn't realise there are two different phases they put you on. what did you mean by d/r??

·
Registered
614 Posts
Hi again,

d/r is short for down regulation, where they dampen your own hormones, so they can carry out controlled ovarian stimulation.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks again, will have to look into this with my clinic. Good luck with your treatment.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.