Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
DH has a low sperm count and I only have 1 ovary. We were told by the hospital that we would need ICSI or maybe IVF depending on DH sperm quality on day of EC.
Our 1st cycle I was on 3 amps of menopur - on day of EC we had 3 eggs. The hospital decided IVF not ICSI = 1 egg fertilised and we had the embryo transfered this was a -neg result
We are now on our 2nd cycle, hope to have EC next week. This time I'm on 6 amps of menopur - have fingers crossed for a few more eggs this time. If I only have a small amount of eggs again and DH sperm is maybe the same as before would the hospital try ICSI so we would have a better chance of fertilisation. Is ICSI only decided by sperm quality and not a mixture of sperm quality and egg quality/amount.
Sorry for the long question its just we are so worried
Many thanks

Hope you are feeling better today
                                  luv Sarah xxx

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
My clinic didnt make the decision until the day of my ec about ivf or icsi b/c they said it would depend on the amount of eggs i had and husbands sperm quality.  I had 8 eggs, 5 of which were mature.  so they did icsi - and they all fertilised, though some took off beter than others.  i think a lot of other clinics maybe would have done ivf but my clinic didnt want to take any chances.  You could insist on icsi.  After all, you're paying the bills arent you?  Though it is also worthwhile considering the fact that (as my embryologist said about icsi) "some eggs just dont like having a glass needle stuck into them"

good luck M

·
Registered
2,229 Posts
The fact that you got less than 50% fert in last cycle would make me hope they would automatically do ICSI, but it is best to put the question to them before the actual day.

Ruth

·
Registered
911 Posts
Hi im just starting out for the first time on ivf could anyone please tell what my fsh level should be for egg share
  thank you kerry xxx ::)

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
kerry - it differs from clinic to clinic i think. you should ask your clinic.  M

1 - 6 of 6 Posts