Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am a little confused about ICSI and PICSI.

Is it recommended for couple who are using DE IVF where the male has healthy sperm?

Thanks!

·
Registered
93 Posts
We have male infertility issues and will be using IMCI.

I'm sorry I can't help further.

B

·
Registered
93 Posts
Woops sorry, we will be doing ICSI, but with IMSI which magnifies the sperm.

B

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
I don't think ICSI would be used with DE and healthy sperm,

I think it might be used with healthy sperm if a previous IVF cycle had had a low fertilisation rate, maybe suggesting compatibility issues with the eggs, but this is quite rare

Has it been suggested to you?

Livity

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi Livity,

No, it hasn't been recommended to us, but we were asked to decide if we wanted to do it, so I just wondered.
From what I have read, it's just used for male fertility issues. It's our first IVF and we're doing DE so maybe we'll skip it this time and see how we go.
Thanks for your help!

·
Premium Member
2,142 Posts
I would skip it if your DH's sperm is fine, IVF retains the element of the fittest sperm make it if you know what I mean, whereas in ICSI it up to the embryologist to choose the best and they can't see what's happening on a chromosonal level,

Good luck

Livity

·
Registered
93 Posts
Just to cause some confusion here...I had treatment in the Czech Republic and all the clinics I researched use ICSI as a standard when doing IVF. I have no idea why.

As for the PISCI, I have seen alot of women asking about that. I am in for check up in a coupl eof days so will ask about that and post.

B

1 - 8 of 8 Posts