Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

ICSI plus MACS or PICSI - are they worth it?

977 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Angelito 
#1 ·
Hi all

I am driving myself a bit mad with trying to know what to do for the best!  I have had 3 failed IVF cycles due to my low amh and poor egg quality.  My husband also has 1% sperm morphology (other parameters mostly ok) but my consultant has never seemed to be too bothered about this and he hasn't had any further investigations although we have required ICSI for all 3 cycles and he takes proxeed.

We are now moving on to donor egg IVF which is a really big step for me and I am ok with it with the thought of using my husband's sperm.  As the issue of egg quality should now be resolved, I want to make sure we do all we can to get the best sperm.  We only have one shot at a full cycle so would be good to get pregnant first go and/or have a frostie as back up, something we have not been able to have so far. 

I have been researching sperm fragmentation tests as well as methods of sperm selection and there is such mixed information.  My current clinic only use PICSI as they say they IMSI and MACS don't work yet, the Spanish clinics I am looking at use MACS and say PICSI doesn't work, and some use nothing at all and say there is not enough evidence for any! 

So my question is - is having a fragmentation test worth it for the stress of it potentially coming back as poor when nothing can be done anyway and has anyone used any of these techniques with success? 

I would be so grateful for any opinions/advice!

best of luck to you all!  :)

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.