Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

How many icsi treatments did you have before getting pregnant?

Votes: 19 65.5%

Votes: 5 17.2%

Votes: 3 10.3%

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • more

Votes: 2 6.9%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
One for the lucky pg ladies. Just wondering what the averages are...

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi Roomy,

If you are interested in success rates..... please don't forget those who have never been pregnant. We had 5 attempts with no success.

Wishing you all the best and better luck!

Kindest regards,

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Flopsy,

sorry if it seems insensitive. I was just trying to find out how many goes those who had BFPs had had. It's kind of useless information, I suppose.  :(

Roo
x

·
Registered
2,258 Posts
Hi Roo,

I would like to find out how many people have been sucessful with ICSI.. so i think its a good poll  ;D i think it brings a bit of good news and hope to people  ^reiki^

Sweetcheeks xxxx

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Hi Roomby,

Sorry if that came out all wrong! No offence taken or intended.  Not insensitive at all.

My point was just that to get a good idea of successes we also need to know about the failures. i.e. if someone succeded after 6 attempts how many still failed at 6 attempts.

Great poll!

With warmsst regards,

·
Registered
376 Posts
i hope i will be 1 or 2 .. good poll cause the stats you get from the hospital is all so over my head .. then you question it saying well how many this how many that .. then you dont believe the info ... i will be re visiting this poll again ... i just hope more will vote ... unless some who have got a baby now through icsi dont come on here  now .. so maybe  site manager , moderater email everyone... that might be the best way ...  :)

·
Premium Member
1,565 Posts
Hi there Roo,

As you know we were very lucky and were successful first time out.

Statistically and anecdotally from this site I think 3 is pretty usual, this was the number of cycles that DH and I had in mind before we started as a point to review what we would do next.

Take care and hope you're doing OK.

lol

Edna

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
/bump

·
Registered
688 Posts
I guess this means full ICSI cycles?

I've had 3 cycles but 2 were cancelled just before e.c.... so although my next cycle will be my 4th attempt at ICSI, I've only got to E.T once.  :-\

·
Registered
2,729 Posts
Hi Roomby

Thanks for the poll. I'm having ET tomorrow & it's really given me hope & optimism knowing that people do get lucky 1st time round.

Ronnie

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah. I was just trying to find out about people's BFPs and what cycle they were on.

G

·
Hi,

FWIW I had 1 ICSI - had BFP & sadly later m/c.  Had 1 FET - BFN, hope ICSI #2 is lucky ....

Fi

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi All - a good poll and as you say, it's in understandable English - not the jargon the clinics fill you with!!  I've had 2 ICSI cycles both resulting with a BFP but m/c at 7 weeks and then again last month m/c at 9 weeks.  Still don't understand why but I also have PCOS and statistically they say the m/c rate for people with PCIS is 67% instead of 12% for normal conception.  Trouble is I didn't know this until my 2nd m/c and I didn't even know I had PCOS on my 1st cycle of ICSI last year.  They don't always tell you everything do they!  Clare.x

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.