Fertility Friends Support Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm 32 and having ICSI for the first time at Bourn, would like to make friends with people who've been through/going through it.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Hiya Selfish !!

WELCOME to FF !!................., you'll never be alone on here , everyone is FANTASTIC ( you can pay me all lata !!  ;D ;D).....

No really , one of the BEST things ive ever done was to join this site !!

You'll get so much support from being on here !!

Happy 2005 !!
LOve GailXXXXXXXXX

·
Registered
525 Posts
Hi Selfish,

Gail is right, this site is fab! I have just started my first icsi and have learnt so much from everybody here. I am having icsi due to my dh having anti  ^sperm^ antibodies, im down regulating at the mo. Where are you in the treatment / consultation stages?

Good luck with it all  :),

love Kty xxx

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi
Im Angie Im also a fertility virgin started today, im also starting ICSI sometime this year. Im getting alot of support from fam/friends but i feel talking to someone who has been through will help alot.
Talk soon

·
Registered
1,753 Posts
hi selfish

I am also an ISCI virgin, found out last thursday that this is our only realsitic chance of getting pg. Not really sure what to do but have started to try and find a clinic.

looking forward to getting to know you and supporting each other on our journey.

love sal

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi

I am new to this site and have been reading all your encouraging messages  I am due to start ICSI later this month too at MFS I am both  nervous and excited and am not too sure what to expect.  Think I have bored all my friends over christmas can't stop talking about it.  Does anyone have any words of wisdom

·
Registered
174 Posts
hi i a am just starting my 2nd icsi so im not new to all this but it is still just as scary every time? cathyjames i see you are at mfs is that in birmingham?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hia everyone & Selfish  :)
I have been dying to surf the web on icsi info' over the past few years but have prolonged it until now as I knew I'd burst with excitement & tears (& I have) ;D  :'(
I'm also quite nervous about being in a forum for my 1st time (?)
My partner & I start our 1st icsi cycle on the 21st of this month (at St Marys) and I am now extremely excited but relaxed, as we have waited 5 yrs for this point.
My partner has retrograde ejaculation, probably due to his diabetes, so along with all his other prob's we kinda knew getting pregnant would be up there!
Anyway I can't wait to make friends and chat especially as I know of nobody else with our problem.
xx
Hopefully i'll get the hang of inserting pretty pics & icons also ???

·
Premium Member
713 Posts
Hi Ladies

Just wanted to share my story with you, and convey some positive energy your way!  ^reiki^

Hubby and I had been trying to conceive for over 5 years, trying all sorts of treatment along the way - IVF & ICSI was our final step.  We had our first cycle starting with down regging in October, egg collection and embryo transfer in November.  I cried fountains of tears during the last 5 years, and even more during our recent treatment - I had 27 follicles, of those only 11 eggs, 9 suitable for fertilisation.... they used 5 for ICSI and 4 for IVF..... after all of that, we ended up with a grand total of 3 embies.... was devastated, felt totally ripped off, and wondered why  on earth I had done it all for....... and to top it off, I only got 1 embryo transferred!

BUT

During my 2ww in December, I had a bleed (which I now know was implantation), thinking it was all over I did a hpt test 10 days after ET..... it was a faint positive!  I panicked and panicked, with my clinic telling me in all likelihood it was a false positive - but it wasn't!! My result was confirmed 17dpt with a blood test!

Now here I am, 8 weeks pregnant tommorrow and I was an ICSI virgin too!!

Sending you loads of luck and babydust!!

^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^fairydust^ ^fairydust^ ^spot^ ^spot^

~Natt~

P.S.  If you ever need a chat, or want to ask any questions, feel free to IM me, or leave a msg through this thread  :)

P.P.S.  I found doing really bizaare things helpful!  Such as wearing something with orange on it to important things, like scans etc... still doing that!  ;D And also eating orange icy poles, drinking orange juice, and eating things that came in orange packages!!!

·
Registered
166 Posts
HI girls, firstly welcome to the site.  You will receive so much support, encouragement and answers to questions from the girls here that you won't believe.

I wish you all the best for your cycles - read as much from here as you can before you start so that you are prepared for the road ahead - you need to realise as well how IVF/ICSI will effect you emotionally as well as physically (and if possible let you partners in on the info to as this will help prepare them as well).

Take care all and I do hope that 2005 bring you the biggest gifts of all.

Barbara

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi all

I am also an ICSI virgin.  We will hopefully be starting our first cycle in Feb/March- not really sure what to expect but quite excited at the same time.  I wish you all the very best of luck and hope we can get through it all together.

Love Sammy1 x

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks for all your replies & support - made me cry.
Mind you it doesn't take much.
I'm down regulating at the moment - going for my 3rd baseline visit next week as they keep saying my hormone levels are still too high and the one side affect I seem to have big time is bursting into tears - a bit embarrassing today at work!
We've been trying for just over 2 years to get pregnant.  In that time I had an ovarian cyst removed and stacks of tests because they assumed it was due to my cyst etc turns out it was a male factor - lack of sperm motility.  I felt gutted & v angry that the nhs didn't find this when they did a sperm test 2 years ago and I'd gone through lots of tests and heartache when we could have gone straight for ICSI., hubby felt gutted because previous test said there was no problem
We haven't told any family which is tough sometimes but I have some v good close friends and now all of you guys!

·
Registered
525 Posts
Hi again selfish,

Im on day 20 of d/r at the moment so know just how you feel! :'( :mad: ;D . I haven't shut down properly because of cyst so they have given me some HCG to try to shed it, fingers crossed, but I am getting very fed up now.

I wanted to let you know that me and dh were also very angry and upset the our NHS sperm analysis didnt pick up the problem. They only run the basic tests. It wasnt until were going for IUI that the clinic picked up that he has 90% antibodies - all that time seems such a waste doesnt it, and the the female tests too :eek: .

Im on the cycle buddies board at the mo (Dec / Jan) and we are all going through d/r, stimms, 2ww. Come over for a chat if you feel like it.

http://www.fertilityfriends.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,20147.0.html

Good luck with the tx.

Love Kty xx

·
Registered
66 Posts
hi there,  also new to the site and start dr tomorrow 9.1.04 a little excited and somewhat scared as this is my first cycle.

we've been ttc for 4 years due to dh low ^sperm^ count and will be trying icsi.

if all goes well will have bls on 31.01 and then ec on 14.02, don't know what is going to happen from here on in but here's hoping a praying!!

Cheryl

·
Registered
103 Posts
Hi Selfish

I am new to this site.... and new to ICSI as well!  I am due to start my first ICSI cycle this weekend and am so nervous about the whole thing.  All my drugs were delivered yesterday.  I opened the box and just burst into tears, it's all so daunting!!

Keep me posted with your treatment.

JeniWren

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi
I'm new to this whole chat room thing but not new to ICSI, we are about to start our 6th cycle at the Cromwell in London.  It worked 1st time for us and we have a gorgeous 2 year old daughter but have not been as lucky since then.  Because it was so easy first time it came as quite a shock when we weren't successful on 4 subsequent attempts but we're ready to try again and start later this month.  Am currently trying to detox just in case that helps - I'm not convinced,  but after the excesses of Christmas it's probably a good idea anyway!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Nightmare day
3rd baseline visit
I was told I have another cyst on my right ovary and the ovary will need to be removed (at some point - week 12-15 if I get pregnant)
Then my LH level was too high and the doctor wanted to abandon the treatment but had asked for a second opinion
Then they said its up to us whether to proceed or not and I have to decide by tomorrow.
HELP!

·
Registered
151 Posts
hiya ladies :)

this site is great to have a good chat with people who have been through and are going through the same as you. it's also good for when you want support when you feel a bit down (a lot of us have just lately!) :'( i'm on day 7 of stimming for my second icsi. (and i've been feeling very low but now thinking ^reiki^ ^reiki^)

selfish~sorry about your scan, i had to abandon my first icsi due to overstimm hope it works out for you. :(

jeniwren~you'll have more tears!! :'( just lately all i seem to do is sleep, cry or suffer with headaches! sorry if i'm making it sound worse then what it is but it'll be worth it!! :)

you want to get on the dec/jan cycle buddies board it's a great place to chat. ;D

good luck to you all be ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

xxflamencaxx ^evil^

·
Premium Member
369 Posts
Hi All

I too am a ICSI virgin, and should be starting sometime soon, first appoinment 10th February.  Feeling excited and frigtened and quite tearful at the moment, which i havent done for a while :'(

Good luck to everybody, i look forward to reading how everybody gets on

love
Wendyxx ;)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts