Fertility Friends Support Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought it'd be helpful to complile a list of ideas of different ways of making a book to introduce adopters to their new children.

Please feel free to add your own ideas - it's be helpful if you could mention what age the book would suit and include a link to any useful resources. :)

Bx

Tomy Talking Photo Album

I used this with my son who was 13 months old and very much still at the stage of chewing everything! We included photos of me, DH, DD, the dog, our house, his room and a family picture. We recorded a message on each page introducing whoever was in the photo. I also made a bag for it out of the curtain material we'd bought for Dino's room and sprayed it with my perfune so he'd get to know my "scent". Social Work liked the album so much, they've bought a load of them to use with children in Foster Care. :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Tomy-Discovery-Forget-Photo-Album/dp/B0019RC632/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=toys&qid=1292278318&sr=8-1

Bx

/links

·
Registered
357 Posts
Hi Boggy

We have been told to start thinking about this.

Im stuck on the title though!

What would you recommend as the title or what have others used?

Im thinking 'Welcome to your new family' but not convinced on it....any other ideas?

Thanks

·
Registered
417 Posts
We were stuck on this too, but decided in the end on "my Family"

·
Registered
357 Posts
ooh like that, yes think we will use that, thank you!

·
Premium Member
912 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ours was "Cookie's Family Book"  ;)

Bx

·
Registered
357 Posts
quick question re Tomy talking books!!

have bought them and soon to be putting in photos and recording messages.....

Unless I am being a bit silly though  - i cannot see in the instructions how you would DELETE a message you have recorded!! I want to test it out and doubtless will make a mistake with a message and want to re-do it but scared to try in case can't delete!

How do you delete messages??

·
Premium Member
1,903 Posts
You can re-record over it  ;)  My nephew took several attempts to just say his name appropriately  ;D

·
Registered
357 Posts
of course!! oops  ^idiot^ ::)

Thanks

·
Registered
108 Posts
We just used a photo album and I decorated the pages a bit like scrap booking, the social workers from the area my daughter came from was very impressed with it as it was quite simple but also appealing.

I do know someone who made a collage type book, I thought it was amazing but the SW's didn't think it was, they thought it was too busy for a child.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts