Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 280 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Girlz,
I've joined the 1st trimester and waiting for 1st scan threads but they seem to deal with what is happening rather than worrying about what could happen. They scare me a bit and put more questions in my head, so I thought that I would start this thread.
At the mo I can't work out how far I am pregnant  ::) I've been told different ways to work it out and it's driving me mad!!! I thought that day 1 was EC day, so therefore I would be 4+3weeks pg today. But it turns out that some go by LMP and that would make me 6+3weeks today  ??? I'm WELL confused. Sorry if I sound thick but I'm blaming it on the hormones  ;D  ;D
Anyone else with if's, but's and maybe's? Post them on here and we'll see if we can muddle through together  ;D
Sarah xx

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi Sarah
Im happy to go crazy with you!
I have no idea how far I am either as, like you, keep being told different things.
My first scan is next Wednesday 28th which is 2 weeks after my BFP.  So worried about it being ectopic, whether it's still growing/alive.  All sorts of things are going round my head. 
So I will definitely be going mad with you!
Jayne

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
There's a link on the home page that works out how far gone you are x

·
Registered
1,177 Posts
Hi Sarah,

EC is classed as day 1

Sharon xx

·
Registered
7,903 Posts
Hello girls,

Can I join?  I am 4 weeks today!  Having lots of tummy cramps and pains but think its because I'm constipated!

I'll ring the EPU to book in for an early scan as my last preg was ectopic.

^pray^ Let this work!

How you girls feeling?

XX

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hi Girlz,
Jayne: Congrats on your  ^BFP^ You're welcome to go crazy with me. I'm sure we'll be jibbering wrecks by the time we have our scans  ;D  ;D
Laurab: Congrats to you as well on your  ^BFP^ Sorry to hear about your ectopic last time. Hopefully everything will be fine for you this time around. I know what you mean about the constipation. Ouch!!

Thanks Lou, sharon, and beachgirl for the advice. Everything is just so confusing  ^idiot^

My burning question today is are how many am I pg with? If only we had transparent tummy's eh? DH thinks it's definitely twins but I'm not sure. I'm just hoping that there is at least one baby that's growing as it should be and it's healthy. Don't get me wrong the more babies the merrier as this will be my only pregnancy (if it works out  ^pray^ ) We've only got 1 more go on the NHS, so if it doesn't work this time everything rests on the last go. That Really scares me. We just can't afford to do it privately and I'm really scared that it'll come down to money whether I can have babies or not.

How's everyone else today? What's doing your heads in??
Sarah xx

·
Registered
617 Posts
Hi everyone - great idea for a thread!  I am still so shocked to have got my BFP that I cant post on the other areas and dont like looking at them in case I see too many people who have sadly had miscarriages!  I had a scan at 5 weeks (they calculated that from the date of ET!) and had 2 sacks on board and am going for my 6 week scan on Friday and I am so nervous that there is going to be no feotal pole or anything positive!  I am trying to tell myself its unlikely but I am just so anxious about it all.  Plus I have got OHSS hence the reason for a scan the other day.  I though the agony of the 2ww was bad - this is awful!!  I have had loads of stomach pains partly from OHSS and also because I am constipated too!  Keep telling myself that loads of women get pregnant and its the minority who have miscarriages etc but think until I get to 12 weeks I am not going to believe it!  And even then I suspect the worrying wont end!

xx

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Libeth,
Wecome to the loopy thread!!  ;D  I too had OHSS and it's soooo confusing whether the pain we're feeling is down to this OR being pregnant OR AF is on her way eh? Scary!!! Good luck for your 6 wk scan on friday. Hopefully everything will be just fine. I know what you mean about being anxious. I've had to wait for 2weeks already and I've still got 2 wks and 5 days to go to my 1st scan. The waiting is driving me mad!! The 2ww was really bad but nothing compared to this. How can they expect us to relax and take it easy during this time? They must be the mad ones  ;D  ;D I'm scared that my panic attacks will start up again. I have learnt to handle them up till now but what happens if one gets hold of me? Surely it can't do any good for the baby(s) if it happens? Do we ever stop worrying????
Sarah xx

·
Registered
19 Posts
Mind if I join you....I too am going slowly mad! ???

I was IVF, but counting from my LMP date, I am 4w+5d and my first scan is 4 weeks away.  The time is dragging more than the 2ww and the wait is twice as long. 

I don't feel remotely pregnant, I hope that's just my subconcious in self preservation mode.  I don't think I'll confidently feel pregnant unless I (hopefully ^pray^) get to 12 weeks and the scans are all O.K.  I'm worried as I sometimes get a stabbing pain in my lower tummy when I cough, I hope it's just that I've pulled a muscle, (there have been pretty violent coughing episodes!). It also seems a bit better the last few days.

I had naively thought the BFP was the end of the agony!!!! 

Thanks for starting this thread....great idea.

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Liddy,
You're welcome to go crazy with us. I too am scared of coughing as it REALLY hurts my tummy. I've been told that this is because of our growing and stretching pains, but is it???? Shame we can't take a pill that will make us stop thinking until we know everything is alright with our baby(s) eh?
I also thought that once I had my BFP everything would be fine and I would relax. Little did we know  ::) The 2ww was soooo hard but OMG it was a doddle compared to this. What date is your 1st scan? Mine is on the 9th June.
Sarah xx

·
Registered
442 Posts
hi all  :)

hope you don't mind me joining, well my story so far will try not to go on, i started bleeding from the 2nd week of my 2ww and i had convinced myself and everyone else that it hadn't worked, well apart from my D/H who said wait until test day and to my suprise on the 5th may i got a  ^BFP^ seriously couldn't believe it so did 2 tests that day then went  o the clinic to spk to the nurse about the bleeding which she said it could be normal, she told me to re test when it has subsided a bit so last Monday i did still a  ^BFP^ Ive carried on with acupuncture and she showed d/h how to do two points on my feet, did it all last week and the bleeding has stopped, my scan is this Thursday and i a going slightly mad with worry about everything, Ive even tested again yesterday and the piece that you read had slided down so i dismantled it just to make sure, still  ^BFP^ ^idiot^ ^idiot^ bring on Thursday  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ ^pray^ i just need to no that all is where it should be
Thank you so much for this post and so sorry for going on.

PS: i am 6weeks  +4

Jen

·
Registered
7,903 Posts
I'm really feeling loopy this morning, I'm working from home today... although not done anything yet!  But I had some blood mixed in with my pessary so really scared.  My boobs aren't as sore now either.  Just rang the EPU and they are going to get back to me with a scan date.

So so scared.  I really think they should knock you out from the start of IVF to the 12th week!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Emeraldeyes, thanks for the reassurance, my scan is on the 17th June, 4 weeks today (4 whole long long weeks).  I've been having breathing difficulties too, for the past 6 weeks or so.  My doctor says its stress related (so I guess a form of panic attack).  Still struggling today!  My acupuncturist said that it didn't seem to be having an affect on my pulses so hopefully, it doesn't do any harm.  I'm trying to do breathing exercises at every opportunity.  On the plus side, it meant I have been signed off work, I'm back this week doing half days though, going in in a minute!

LauraB, my boobs seem to be more sore some times and less so other times.  And I've heard many people have bleeding and it's been o.k.  Hang in there. ^hugme^

I've got an acupuncture appointment on Thursday, it's good to be doing something positive.  And she's a great listener!  It's more of a councilling session really.

Liddy x

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Hi Jen, of course you're welcome to join us. Congrats on your  ^BFP^ Good luck with your scan on thursday. You must have been so scared with the bleeding. I'm terrified at just the thought of bleeding. I'm always on knicker watch just in case. I'm testing a couple of times a week just to make sure that the tests I've already done aren't lying  ::) I'm 6+4 weeks too!! Don't worry about 'going on' that's what we are here for and I'm sure you'll have to put up with the rest of us doing the same thing.  ;D

Laurab: My (.)(.) were huge last week and hurt alot, but they've gone down a bit in size and don't seem to hurt quite as much now. I panicked yesterday as I felt "normal" for the 1st time since starting tx. The nausea had gone, my tummy wasn't bloated and my boobs had gone nearly back to how they were before tx. I ate loads to make myself feel better and all the symptoms returned yesterday afternoon. Yey!!! I never thought feeling sick would make me happy  ;D
Sorry that you've got some bleeding.  ^hugme^ It could just be your body adapting to being pregnant with all the stretching and stuff that's going on.  ^pray^ for good news for you.

Liddy: I do my breathing exercises ALL the time to ward off any attacks and it does work. I'm just frightened that the odd one will get through. I haven't had a major attack in about 2 months now, but still feel them starting a couple of times a day. The breathing thing has helped me a lot. I ended up in A+E when they first started and they more or less laughed at me. I thought I was going to die. They didn't even try to explain that it was panic attacks they just told me to go home and relax.  ^bigbad^ I ended up diagnosing myself through the internet and getting it confirmed by my GP. Once I knew what was happening I decided to get control of it and it worked (  ^pray^ )
Sarah xx

·
Registered
7,903 Posts
Thanks girls.... god i'd love to be signed off work!

^hugme^

·
Premium Member
13,427 Posts
laura- thinking of you  ^reiki^ ^reiki^ ^reiki^

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Congrats to all on your ^BFP^ s .

I swear i have never felt more insane. The 2ww is nothing compared to this! My first ^BFP^ ever and i have a 7 week scan next wednesday. These last 2 weeks and still another to go have made me potty. Every ache, every cramp sends me to loony ville!  ;D

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Hey Kittenpaws,
Welcome to the home of us official loonies  ;D  ;D
Congrats on your  ^BFP^
I thought that when we got our long awaited 1st BFP that we were gonna be excited all the time but it soon wears off and the worrying sets in eh? Scary stuff!! Good luck with your scan next wednesday.
Sarah xx

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Thank you ! Oh the worry sets in so quickly! I thought my worries were over- oh how wrong we are  ;D

·
Registered
361 Posts
Hello but mind if i butt in too  ;D ;D ;D

Only just got my BFP  ;D not really sure where to go from here. Worried about the usual things, empty sacs etc, arrrggghhhh!!!!! Not even sure when im supposed to contact my Gp as had tx abroad. They have no after care package, so i feel lost. How do i go about sorting out first scan  ??? do i organise it private or does GP do it?

God what a lot to think of  :p

Cichlidbabe x

1 - 20 of 280 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.